DescriptionShivers 2: Harvest of Souls takes place in a deserted town named Cyclone in the southwest. You arrive to discover that your friends, the band Trip Cyclone, have mysteriously disappeared. Although, they left clues imbedded in their music videos for you decipher so that you may discover what happened to them, as well as the rest of the town.
The game is similar to the first Shivers in that it has the same first-person slideshow interface, but much has improved from the first. Now, you can rotate 360 degrees in your current position as well as have a full inventory instead only being able to hold one item like in the first game. The game also includes a puzzle editor and a feature in which you can chat with others while you play the game.
- "Harvest of Souls: Stadt der verfluchten Seelen" -- German title
- "Cyclone: La Cité des Âmes perdues" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Sierra's Creative Interpreter (SCI)
- Shivers series
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
|Spooky and challenging!||Jeanne (75591)|
|The immersive and classic Adventure game for hardcore puzzel-solving fans with an interesting story.||DarkTalon (133)|
The Press Says
|Privat Computer PC||1997||88 out of 100||88|
|Gamezilla||Aug 17, 2000||84 out of 100||84|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Jun, 1997||84 out of 100||84|
|Power Play||Apr, 1997||72 out of 100||72|
|Gamesmania||1997||65 out of 100||65|
|PC Player (Germany)||May, 1997||60|
|Computer Games Magazine||1997||60|
|PC Joker||May, 1997||59 out of 100||59|
|PC Games (Germany)||May, 1997||58 out of 100||58|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe second CD contains not only the soundtrack to Shivers 2 (featuring excellent songs by the band, Trip Cyclone) but also a medley of the soundtrack from the first Shivers.
Related Web Sites
- Playing Shivers 2 in Windows XP (Inferno's page tells you how)
- Shivers 2 Hints (Hints to help you solve the many puzzles in Shivers 2)
- Zarf's Review (A review of Harvest of Souls by Andrew Plotkin (May, 2000).)