Description1503 A.D.: The New World
is, like its predecessor
, a 2D-strategy game where the player colonizes a new world. The first important part is the constructing of several buildings which are used for different means, e.g. residences or plant facilities. There he needs to ensure a logical arrangement to reach short production cycles and the population's satisfaction. With preceding time there demands grow which force the player to expand and build more respectively more effective buildings.
As the game knows 46 resources it is unlikely that the player finds all on one island. This also results in the need of expansion which may be against the interests of the up to three AI opponents or one of the nine neutral factions. These problems can be resolved with trading or military action. The latter is still a small part of the gameplay but is noticeable more complex than in 1602 A.D.
, now the player has a few formation and behaviour orders to his disposal and the 14 military units gain experience. Other innovations are a research function where the player works on upgrades, four new climates and more production cycles.
Besides the free playing mode with randomly generated islands the game also features ten scenarios and, also new, a campaign with twelve missions.
- "公元1503：新世界" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Gongyuan 1503: Xin Shijie" -- Chinese title
- "Anno 1503: העולם החדש" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Anno 1503: The New World" -- UK title
- "Anno 1503: Nowy Swiat" -- Polish title
- "Anno 1503: Le Nouveau Monde" -- French title
- "Anno 1503: Il Nuovo Mondo" -- Italian title
- "Anno 1503: El Nuevo Mundo " -- Spanish title
- "Anno 1503: De Nieuwe Wereld" -- Dutch title
- "Anno 1503" -- German title
Part of the Following Group
The Press Says
|PC Games (Germany)
||Jan 08, 2003
||89 out of 100
|PC Games (Germany)
||Nov 08, 2002
||88 out of 100
||May 29, 2003
||83 out of 100
||Oct 28, 2002
||81 out of 100
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)
||80 out of 100
||8 out of 10
||Jun 30, 2003
||74 out of 100
||Aug 04, 2003
||7.3 out of 10
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)
||Apr 13, 2003
||65 out of 100
||May 19, 2003
||6 out of 10
There are currently no topics for this game.
When Anno 1503
was released, there was no multiplayer-mode included - officially... In fact, they placed a file in their /data directory which enables it. The mode was not finished. It lacked a lot of features, balancing and so on. But they wanted to get some feedback from their fans without starting an official beta test. So they hoped a small group of people found out and offered feedback.
The Anno 1503
source code is about 400,000 lines long - almost everything coded by just two coders. And the graphician, Ulli Koller
, has studied architecture - thus the very detailed buildings.
Additional information contributed by
- German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany)
- 2002 - Gold Award for selling more than 100.000 units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2002 - Platinum Award for selling more than 200.000 units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2004 - Special Award for selling more than 500.000 units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Felix Knoke (136)
on Oct 28, 2002.