DescriptionAtlantis Underwater Tycoon
brings the tycoon craze to the depths of the ocean. The game plays like most other tycoon games, but is set on the ocean floor instead of on the surface where most other tycoon games are located.
Tasks vary depending on the type of game chosen to play. There are four game modes to choose from: Tutorial, Sandbox, Single, and Story.
Tutorial mode just shows how to do different things in the game. Sandbox mode allows the player to play the game without any requirements or goals. Single mode allows the player to play a single mission such as defending against an attack. Story mode allows the player to take a single character through a large series of missions, similar to playing a campaign.
The game gives the player the ability to build many buildings that can be used for promoting tourism, holding prisoners, military uses, mining/drilling uses, and more. Additionally, the player can dig for treasures to sell, create various sea life, and unlock new buildings.
The game can be rotated and zoomed and that allows for some very close-up views of your buildings and the ocean creatures in the game... everything from sea turtles and scuba divers to sharks and whales.
As with any tycoon game, there are disasters that can happen in the game... either randomly, or with your help. There are 9 disasters which range from oil spills and sinking ships to giant squid and earthquakes.
- "深海大亨" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Повелитель глубин" -- Russian spelling
- "Deep Sea Tycoon 2: Erschaffe die Ultimative Untersee-Welt!" -- German tag-lined title
- "Deep Sea Tycoon" -- European title
- "Bázis a Mélyben" -- Hungarian title
- "Atlantis Underwater Tycoon: Create the Ultimate Underwater World!" -- Tag-lined title
- "Aquazots" -- Working title
- "Aquatic Tycoon: le sublime monde du silence vous attend !" -- French tag-lined title
- "Aquatic Tycoon" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Riamus (8123)
on Mar 21, 2004.