DescriptionDay of Defeat is an online game from the makers of Half-Life and Counter-Strike taking place during WWII in Europe. The player joins a team of an elite military squad in deep battle. These elite teams are made up of players of different classes like scout, infantry, sergeant, and machine gunner. Each player class has a unique arsenal at their disposal.
The game has a large collection of missions based on historical battles. It's also possible to download additional missions that have been created by the online development community.
Day of Defeat first started out as a downloadable Half-Life mod but was made available for retail later on. New features:
- British troops
- Enhanced FX for smoke, fire, rain, etc.
- New sounds and music
- Updated player and item models
- New maps
- Completely overhauled interface - supports in and out of game configuration, server browser and more.
- "胜利之日" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "DoD" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|2404.org PC Gaming||May 01, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jun 12, 2003||17 out of 20||85|
|ActionTrip||Jun 06, 2003||82 out of 100||82|
|GameSpot||May 22, 2003||8.1 out of 10||81|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Aug, 2003||80|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Jun, 2003||75 out of 100||75|
|GameSpy||May 26, 2003||7.5 out of 10||75|
|4Players.de||Jun 21, 2003||71 out of 100||71|
|Digital Entertainment News (den)||Aug 21, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jun 11, 2003||70 out of 100||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Day of Defeat (Official website)
- Planet Half-Life: Day of Defeat (Planet Half-Life's guide to Day of Defeat.)
Day of Defeat Team: