DescriptionEmperor: The Rise of the Middle Kingdom is a game about politics, trade, and city design in ancient China. In Emperor, players progress through 3000 years of Chinese history, facing ever-changing economic, military, and diplomatic challenges as each Chinese dynasty waxes and wanes.
This game is similar to Caesar III or Pharaoh and is the forth full game in Impressions City Building Series. Gameplay is centered around laying out a city in the best possible manner. For instance, all houses will need access to a market and a water source but also to entertainment and religious structures as well. The game begins easily and walks you through all the needs of a city. Later scenarios add requirements such as building a large structure or defending the city against an attack.
Unlike other games in the city building series, Emperor adds multiplayer play and an engine that supports more detailed graphics.
- "皇帝：中国的崛起" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "RotMK" -- Common abbreviation
- "Empereur: L'Empire du Milieu" -- French title
- "Emperador: El nacimiento de China" -- Spanish title
- "Der erste Kaiser: Aufstieg des Reichs der Mitte" -- German title
- "Cesarz: Narodziny Państwa Środka" -- Polish title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|IGN||Sep 10, 2002||8.8 out of 10||88|
|GameSpy||Sep 21, 2002||85 out of 100||85|
|4Players.de||Oct 26, 2002||81 out of 100||81|
|PCActu||Nov 25, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|PC Zone||Sep 26, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dec 16, 2002||15 out of 20||75|
|PC Zone Benelux||Dec, 2002||73 out of 100||73|
|Gamesmania.de||Oct 24, 2002||70 out of 100||70|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 2002||70|
|Game Chronicles||Feb 01, 2003||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Error / Unable to Uninstall (HELP)||1||Roro Roro
Jul 17, 2009
Server shutdownThe official Sierra game servers were shut down on 1st November 2008.
Related Web Sites
- Emperor Heaven (HeavenGames Emperor Website)
- Emperor : Rise of the Middle Kingdom (Official Sierra Emperor Site)