DescriptionMetal Gear Solid 2: Substance is a re-vamped and revised edition of the original Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, in which Solid Snake must recover the stolen Metal Gear Ray from a group of terrorists bent on using its power for unthinkable reasons.
Along with the original espionage shooter comes a collection of 200 virtual reality (VR) missions. Missions range from killing certain targets and using particular weapons, as well as seeing the world of Solid Snake from different perspectives and styles, with first-person target modes and a variety mode including crazy characters of different shapes and sizes.
Also included are various alternative missions, ranging from the protagonist sneaking around and snapping photos of targets to bomb disposal, all out destruction, and more.
- "MGS2S" -- Common abbreviation
- "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - HD Edition" -- PlayStation 3 / US PS Vita title
- "Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition" -- Japanese PlayStation Vita PSN title
- "메탈 기어 솔리드 2: 서브스탠스" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|The game that has IT ALL.||Dr. M. "Schadenfreude" Von Katze (589)|
|Game Vortex||Apr 30, 2003||100 out of 100||100|
|PC Games (Germany)||Mar 26, 2003||86 out of 100||86|
|Gamekult||Mar 25, 2003||8 out of 10||80|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Apr 14, 2003||80 out of 100||80|
|PC Action||Apr 09, 2003||80 out of 100||80|
|4Players.de||Mar 23, 2003||80 out of 100||80|
|GameSpot||Apr 10, 2003||7.8 out of 10||78|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||May 04, 2005||15 out of 20||75|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||May, 2003||59 out of 100||59|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Aug, 2003||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TitleHideo Kojima was partially inspired to call this version of Metal Gear Solid 2 "Substance" by 70's British band Joy Division's greatest hits compilation CD entitled Substance 1977-1980.
- As of 2003, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance had the biggest installation size for a PC game. It takes up a whopping 7.17GB.
- The PC version is direct port of the Xbox version with no modifications. Even the tutorial refers to the Xbox controllers.
Related Web Sites
- JUNKER HQ (This fansite is dedicated to the games produced and/or designed by Hideo Kojima and contains all kinds of trivia, artwork, plot summaries, discussion forums and more.)
- Konami: Substance (The official website.)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Unofficial Site (A fansite that contains information about the whole Metal Gear franchise, including galleries, interviews, downloadable content and discussion boards.)