DescriptionIt's 2160, and the Eastern Alliance has launched a surprise attack on the Western Coalition's fleet and decimated it. The call has gone out for volunteers to become Alliance fighter pilots, and you have signed up with the 45th Volunteer Squadron.
Designed by Chris and Erin Roberts, the creative force behind the Wing Commander/Privateer megaseries, this space fighting simulation features the genre's standard mission types: escort, fighter sweep, interception, attacking space stations, fighting in asteroid fields, etc.
12 pilotable fighters (you can choose which you fly as well as missile loadout, but not all are available in the early missions), 9 enemy fighter types.
There are no promo images for this game
- "星际枪骑兵" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
Part of the Following Groups
|GameSpy||May 04, 2000||92 out of 100||92|
|PC Joker||May, 2000||86 out of 100||86|
|Gamesmania.de||2000||86 out of 100||86|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jun, 2000||84 out of 100||84|
|Gamer's Pulse||Jun 28, 2000||82 out of 100||82|
|PC Joker||Jul, 2000||82 out of 100||82|
|Gaming Entertainment Monthly||Sep, 2000||71 out of 100||71|
|Gamekult||Sep 15, 2000||7 out of 10||70|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||May 16, 2000||70 out of 100||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2000||4.75 out of 10||48|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe Starlancer demo includes two missions not in the main game, which function as a prequel to the game. You fly from the ANS Yamato and are witness to the sneak attack by the Coalition forces.
Related Web Sites
- Lancer's HQ (Information on Starlancer & Freelancer. )
- Official game homepage (featuring game info and downloads)
- Starlancer Walkthrough (Here is the complete walkthrough from the game Starlancer in German only.)
- The Lancer's Reactor (All kinds of stuff about Starlancer - features a "walkthru" for the single-player campaign missions!)