DescriptionYou Don't Know Jack is a humorous trivia game for up to three players. The players take part in a quiz game, which partly parodies television shows such as Jeopardy. The players do need to answer serious questions, and knowledge of various topics (ranging from classical literature to modern pop culture) is required; however, the show's host is distinguished by his sense of sarcasm, sometimes offering humorous wordings for questions, and sardonically addressing the participants.
There are no Windows screenshots for this game.
- "你不了解杰克" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "YDKJ" -- Informal abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
|The ultimate party game!||tbuteler (3025)|
|World Village (Gamer's Zone)||1997||100|
|GameSpot||May 01, 1996||9.2 out of 10||92|
|Computer Games Magazine||Jun 21, 1996||90|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 1996||90|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Nov 30, 1995||88 out of 100||88|
|Power Play||Feb, 1998||80 out of 100||80|
|PC Jeux||Jan, 1998||74 out of 100||74|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentThis game was originally prototyped as a Hypercard program by some Mac fanatics at a company called Jellyvision. When looking for a publisher for a commercial version, they immediately thought of Berkeley Systems because of their place in Macintosh culture.
The timing was perfect, as Berkeley Systems' former main business, the After Dark line of high-quality animated screensavers, was faltering with the advent of cheap slide show screensavers and the exhaustion of "A list" licenses like Star Trek and The Simpsons.
- Computer Gaming World
- June 1996 (Issue #143) – Classics/Puzzle Game of the Year
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) - #75 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) –#8 Funniest Computer Game
- August 1998 (Issue #169) - Introduced into the Hall of Fame
Related Web Sites
- slap Jack (A review of You Don't Know Jack by Scott Rosenberg, archived on the Salon magazine website (1996).)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.