Last updated on Mar 30, 2014
The following document is a list of Frequently-Asked Questions (and their answers) regarding MobyGames (http://www.mobygames.com/), the world's most comprehensive gaming database project.
The Standards page is the first thing you should read.
The FAQ has grown to the point where it is both a manifesto and a manual of operations, so it has been divided into the following sections:
- Design Goals and Manifesto
- General Usage
- User Accounts
- Concepts and Glossary of Terms
- Where did you come up with the name for MobyGames?
- What are the standards to submissions for the site?
- What is a MobyScore?
- What is a MobyRank?
- Why are old games given good ratings/reviews if there are newer games with the same theme?
- Why do some games have more than one memory or operating system requirement when that's impossible?
- Where can I get a list of the genres you currently have defined?
- Can I use the MobyGames database for my own purposes?
- I don't see my favorite game in the database... where is it?
- Why were my screenshots/covers/description/whatever rejected?
- How do I enter special unicode characters, like international letters or extended ASCII?
- Where can I find the 'Featured Articles' archive?
- Emails Answered
Select one of the above links to jump to that section or question.