|Contribution Rating:||37072 (ranked 29th; 1389 in last year)|
|Member Since||Apr 17, 2002|
|# Messages Posted:||56|
|About myself:||Hi everyone!|
Started to play digital games on Soviet programmable micro-calculator MK-61 (list of games) with my Mother I was later introduced to the world of computer games by my Father (rest in peace, Dad ). It was mid 80s, U.S.S.R. was in Perestroika, and smell of the West was everywhere.
First computer games were Xonix and Chaser on Robotron (computer made in Eastern Germany) with alphabetical green monitor (in think it is Commodore PET/CBM platform or similar). Later I was moved to Ancient Art of War, Alley Cat, Digger, Karateka, Bad Street Brawler, etc. on Olivetti PS/2 (IBM PC/XT platform).
Later moved to Grand Prix Circuit, The Duel: Test Drive II, Maniac Mansion, Gold Rush!, F-19 Stealth Fighter, Sid Meier's Pirates! on Olivetti 386 and Future Technologies 286 (IBM PC/AT platforms with EGA/VGA graphics).
Even before Gorbachev's Perestroika I've seen different parts of foreign lives through such games as Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest and many others (very thanks to the Sierra On-line) and made my own opinion on that life, very different of correct life of Soviet people. I've seen how western people saw our lives and sometimes it makes me distressing. But what the games they were? Truly classic ones. I love these days and wish to every developer to make such great games. Try and you can do this.
Greetings to all gamers.
All Time Favorite
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City -- great story, great action, great game
- Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel -- Very memorable characters
- Sid Meier's Pirates! -- AHOY!!!
- Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals -- Nice and memorable environment
- Grim Fandango -- Great Story...
- Black Mirror II: Reigning Evil -- Nice environment graphics, plot is so very twisted that you can't believe it
- Alter Ego -- Same as Black Mirror II, but speech is non synchronized and plot is very decadent
- Wolfenstein -- Nice FPS and first step to be a sandbox game. Challenge comes after 50% of the game is completed.
- Jade Empire: Special Edition -- Finished as Wu the Lotus Flower with Open Hand. Nice Bioware-style RPG. The same as Mass Effect, but now in China.
- Dark Void -- Nice game. It is short, and plot is very fictional, but gameplay is nice after you master the controls.
- Dragon Age: Origins -- want to play this fantasy RPG
- Mass Effect 2 -- want to continue the story of Commander Shepperd
- Red Faction: Guerrilla -- want to play sandbox on Mars
- Grand Theft Auto IV -- want to play sandbox in New York
- IBM PC / Compatible -- AMD Athlon X2 6400+, 4GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Win 7 Ult. 32b, 400GB+2TB HDDs, 3.5" FDD, DVD-RW, Keyboard/Mouse