OverviewCodemasters develops and publishes video games for Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft consoles and PCs. Codemasters also develops and publishes multi-player and persistent world games for on-line Internet and interactive play.
Established in 1986, Codemasters has a wealth of experience in the creation and publishing of computer/video games. Consistent success is reflected in the more than 1,000 weeks Codemasters' games have spent at Number One in the UK charts and the more than 60 #1 hits across Europe. Voted 'Publisher of the Year' in 1998 by Edge Magazine, Europe's leading gaming consumer journal, Codemasters continues to grow into the global marketplace.
The company currently employs over 380 personnel, with offices in the USA, France, Germany, Spain and Holland. Headquarters are located in a beautiful rural location in Central England on a 140 acre site. The purpose-built office complex will ultimately accommodate 600 staff.
- Codemasters Studios Guildford (UK) (2007-2011)
- Codemasters Studios Sdn Bhd (Malaysia)
- Codemasters Birmingham (2008 - Birmingham division only)
In April 2012 the company announced to cease development on all non-racing titles, focusing on sequels to the F1, GRiD and DiRT franchises.
Also Known As
- Codemasters Software Co. Ltd. -- Alternate company name
- Codemasters -- Commonly used name
- CodeMasters Co. Ltd. -- Alternate name
TriviaLocation in 2000:
Codemasters Software Company Ltd.
PO Box 6
Related Web Sites
- The Codemasters Software Company Limited (official website)