Max Schaefer, an interactive entertainment industry veteran, served as a Vice President for Blizzard North
and a Director of Blizzard Entertainment
before co-founding Flagship Studios
in 2003 and later heading Runic Games, Inc.
in 2008. He is currently CEO of the company. He was a member of several internal project oversight teams, lending essential foresight to numerous Blizzard games.
Max contributed to art design on the original Diablo
while simultaneously working on another title. He took over the responsibilities as Project, Design and Environment Art Director on Diablo II
and was the Executive Producer and a key design influence on Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
In September of 1993, Max Schaefer founded Condor, Inc.
, along with his brother Erich Schaefer
and friend David Brevik
. Condor was renamed Blizzard North when the company was acquired by the owners of Blizzard Entertainment in June of 1996. Max's other projects in the early days of Condor, Inc. included positions as Art and Design Lead on Justice League Task Force
and Quarterback Club Football
as well as being the Project and Art Lead on the cornerstone football title created for the launch of the M2 gaming platform.
When he isn’t busy creating effects and environments, Max splits his time between tending to the numerous carnivorous plants in his home and dominating the rink with his championship roller hockey teams.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Diablo III (2012), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Torchlight (2009), Runic Games, Inc.
- Hellgate: London (2007), Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (Collector's Edition) (2002), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (2001), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo II (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo II (Collector's Edition) (2000), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Diablo (1996), Blizzard Entertainment Inc.
- Justice League Task Force (1995), Acclaim Entertainment, Inc.
- Gordo 106 (1991), Atari Corporation