William L. Eaken
In 1981 William (Bill) L. Eaken entered college to study art, but quickly found himself concentrating on philosophy instead. In 1984, he returned to his first love and went to California State University, Fullerton, to earn a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration and Design (1987). In 1989 he completed the Advanced Illustration Program at the Art Technical Institute at Huntington Beach, Ca.
For the next 10 years he enjoyed an exciting and varied career as an artist in the entertainment industry, creating everything from advertising and poster art, traditional animation, and magazine and book cover illustration. He has created work for Rhino Records, Paramount Pictures,
, and NASA, to name a few.
Eaken entered the game industry at Sierra On-Line
. Originally he was contracted to work on games, but after they saw some slides of his work, they put him in the marketing department, where he developed marketing strategies and created layouts and illustrations (1988-1990).
After Sierra he worked for Lucasfilm Games
He was initially hired to work on the sequel to
, called Forge, but that project was put on hold. His first assignment was to turn the first 16 color of Secret of Monkey Island
into 256 colors, and as there was a small budget for it, he had to finish it with two other artists in one month. His next project was Indiana Jones: The Fate of Atlantis
, for which he was the lead artist and designed, besides backgrounds, all the Atlantean artefacts and architecture, and even the box cover. He continued to work on various other well-known LucasArts titles till 1998. He also worked on Mysterious Island (1996, Virgin Sound and Vision).
Though Eaken considered his many experiences during this period as an invaluable training ground, he never felt the commercial work captured for him that magical element that first drew him to the arts. So in 1998 he began pursuing his own mystical vision.
After a long break, Eaken started to work on games again. Recently he has contributed to various games:
Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
The Exchange Student
episode 1 and 2 (2006/7),
(2007), and A Vampyre Story
Also Known As
- Bill Eaken
- Will Eaken
- William Eaken
- Bill Eakin
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island (2009), dtp entertainment AG
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (2009), LucasArts
- A Vampyre Story (2008), Crimson Cow GmbH
- Alien Syndrome (2007), SEGA of America, Inc.
- The Exchange Student: Episode 2 - Point Club (2007), Pan Metron Ariston
- The Exchange Student: Episode 1 - First Day in Sweden (2006), Pan Metron Ariston
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance (1999), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- The Curse of Monkey Island (1997), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- The Dig (1995), Softgold Computerspiele GmbH
- Shannara (1995), Legend Entertainment Company
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - A Final Unity (1995), Spectrum Holobyte, Inc.
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault II - The Hidden Empire (1995), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle (1993), Funsoft
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992), Lucasfilm Games LLC
- The Secret of Monkey Island (1990), Softgold Computerspiele GmbH
- Leisure Suit Larry III: Passionate Patti in Pursuit of the Pulsating Pectorals (1989), Sierra On-Line, Inc.