Eric started animating in Super-8 with clay and wire-hanger armatures at the age of eight; due to Plasticine's softening under the hot lamps, all the narratives ended with characters losing the use of their legs. From clay King Kong he moved on to traditional pencil and cel animation, attending film school where he learned to wear cotton gloves when handling animation cels. As soon as computer animation was no longer primarily concerned with chrome spheres, checkerboard planets and mechanical flying dolphins, he bit the bullet and learned how to boot one up, and became the first 3D character animator at LucasArts
in 1995, where he worked on Rebel Assault 2
, Shadows of the Empire
and other Lucasian titles, and co-designed and led animation on Grim Fandango
Eric left games for features in 1998, and his film creature animation credits include The Haunting
, Matrix Revolutions
, and Mask 2
. In between films, he was lead animator on Double Fine Production's Psychonauts
Now happily back in the world of games, he has been animating and setting up player character animation at Flagship Studios
since April 2005.
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.
- BioShock 2 (2010), 2K Games, Inc.
- Brütal Legend (2009), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Hellgate: London (2007), Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
- Psychonauts (2005), Majesco Entertainment Company
- Grim Fandango (1998), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire (1996), Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- Star Wars: Rebel Assault II - The Hidden Empire (1995), LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC