Michael V. Capps
Developer BIODr. Michael Capps is the President of Epic Games, based in Cary, NC. Epic's recent game "Gears of War" broke all sales records on Xbox 360 and won multiple "Game of the Year" awards, and Epic was awarded "Studio of the Year" at the 2006 Video Game Awards. It’s been a good year.
Epic is also responsible for the Unreal Engine, three-time winner of Game Developer magazine's Front Line award. The Unreal Engine provides the underlying technology for dozens of games ranging from "Splinter Cell" to "Harry Potter".
Prior to entering the game industry, Michael served as a professor at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California. He specialized in defense and entertainment collaboration, virtual reality, and computer graphics. For his work in these areas, he was one of fifty graphics pioneers interviewed for the ACM SIGGRAPH documentary, "The Story of Computer Graphics."
A departmental honoree in mathematics and creative writing, Dr. Capps graduated summa cum laude from University of North Carolina. He holds master's degrees in computer science and electrical engineering from the University of North Carolina and MIT, and a doctorate in computer science from the Naval Postgraduate School.
Also Known As
- Mike Capps
- Michael Capps
There are no related websites on file for this developer. If you know of any related websites for the person, please consider contributing them.Add Website
- Gears of War: Judgment (2013), Microsoft Studios
- Bulletstorm (2011), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- Gears of War 3 (2011), Microsoft Game Studios
- Infinity Blade (2010), Epic Games, Inc.
- Lost Planet 2 (2010), CE Europe Ltd.
- Fat Princess (2009), Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc.
- Shadow Complex (2009), Microsoft Game Studios
- Gears of War 2 (2008), Microsoft Game Studios
- Gears of War 2 (Limited Edition) (2008), Microsoft Game Studios
- Gears of War (2007), Microsoft Game Studios
- Unreal Tournament III (2007), Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Gears of War (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- Gears of War (Limited Collector's Edition) (2006), Microsoft Game Studios
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (2005), Electronic Arts K.K.
- Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (2005), Midway Home Entertainment, Inc.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 (2004), Atari, Inc.
- Unreal Tournament 2004 (DVD Special Edition) (2004), Atari, Inc.
- Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition (2004), Atari, Inc.
- America's Army: Operations (2002), U.S. Army
- Unreal Tournament 2003 (2002), Infogrames, Inc.