Developer BIODavid Perry was the President and Founder of Shiny Entertainment. With David at the helm, Shiny earned both critical and commercial success, forging a reputation as a forward-looking, innovative force that's constantly pushing the boundries in the gaming world.
Perry launched his career at just 15 years of age, when he started writing computer game programming books in his Native Ireland. Since then, David has developed 35 games (serving as lead programmer on 24 of them), totalling 101 individual retail titles across 23 video game platforms. All told, Perry's games have totalled more than $500 million in sales.
Early 2006, Atari announced it wanted to sell certain development divisions, including Shiny. Perry left the company as he was part of the Atari management, and wanted to find a buyer independently.
In May 2006, he founded the consultancy company GameConsultants.com, to provide advice and support for investors, hardware manufacturers, foreign development teams and publishers looking to secure funding and create a presence in the US interactive entertainment market, with additional services including game prototype and development team capacity reviews.
In August 2006, it was announced David Perry is directing 2Moons, an MMORPG by the newly-formed Acclaim Games.
Edit Bio | View History
Also Known As
- Dave Perry
- Wikipedia) -- The David Perry profile on Wikipedia
- Dave Perry's Official Website) -- A lot of articles around game development - from developers for people who'd like to become developers themselves.
- Interview with Dave Perry) -- by Gamedev.net
- IMDb) -- David Perry at the Internet Movie Database
- Dave Perry, El Elegido y la Next-Gen) -- Interview to David Perry by Meristation at 25-07-2005
- Earthworm Jim HD (2010), Gameloft S.A.
- Hostile Makeover (2009), Lifetime Games, Merscom LLC
- The Simpsons Game (2007), Electronic Arts, Inc.
- The Matrix: Path of Neo (2005), Atari, Inc.
- Enter the Matrix (2003), Atari Europe S.A.S.U.
- Messiah (2000), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- Sacrifice (2000), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- R/C Stunt Copter (1999), Titus France SA
- Sonic Robo Blast 2 (1998), Sonic Team Junior
- Wild 9 (1998), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- MDK (1997), Playmates Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Earthworm Jim 1 & 2: The Whole Can 'O Worms (1996), Funsoft
- Earthworm Jim 2 (1995), Playmates Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Earthworm Jim: Special Edition (1995), Interplay Entertainment Corp.
- Spot Goes to Hollywood (1995), Virgin Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Disney's The Jungle Book (1994), Virgin Interactive Entertainment (Europe) Ltd.
- Disney's The Jungle Book (1994), Virgin Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- Earthworm Jim (1994), Playmates Interactive Entertainment, Inc.
- The Jungle Book (1994), Majesco Sales, Inc.
- Cool Spot (1993), Virgin Games, Ltd.
- Disney's Aladdin (1993), SEGA Enterprises Ltd.
- Mick & Mack as the Global Gladiators (1993), Virgin Games, Inc.
- The Terminator (1993), Virgin Games, Ltd.
- Captain Planet (1992), Mindscape International Ltd.
- Paperboy 2 (1992), Mindscape International Ltd.
- The Terminator (1992), Virgin Games, Ltd.
- Extreme (1991), Digital Integration Ltd.
- Smash T.V. (1991), Ocean Software Ltd.
- Dan Dare III: The Escape (1990), Virgin Mastertronic Ltd.
- Overlord (1990), Virgin Mastertronic Ltd.
- Beyond the Ice Palace (1988), Elite Systems Ltd.
- Savage (1988), Firebird Software Ltd.
- Trantor the Last Stormtrooper (1987), GO!
- Stainless Steel (1986), Mikro-Gen Ltd
- Three Weeks in Paradise (1986), Mikro-Gen Ltd