DescriptionMysterious and glorious worlds exist parallel to each other - crafted by ancient, high members of the Clan of Keepers. Those elders also possess sacred rings which give them the ultimate power to not only travel to those worlds, but also to create new ones. Legend has it that locked away within those worlds are artifacts that, when combined with the sacred rings, could yield the bearer ultimate power and immortality.
To safeguard the universe, entry into the different worlds has been restricted to only a few select members of the Clan. But, a sinister threat has surfaced and the hidden artifacts must be found before it is too late. You, as a "Keeper Apprentice", are chosen to go on the quest. You will explore four wondrous places: the Ademika Valley - the gateway and world of secrets and sacred rituals; Dragast - a mechanical kingdom with a winter wonderland setting; Na-Tiexu - a land full of magic and astronomy; and then the Island of Unity.
Aura is a 3D adventure game which combines the visual style of Myst-like games with complex puzzles akin to those found in puzzle games like Obsidian and Jewels of the Oracle. Entirely mouse-controlled in first person, the game features puzzles of varying type and difficulty (mechanical, mathematical, logical, musical, etc.), unusual objects to find and use, and non-player character interaction. In addition, an in-game "Hint Journal" records all of the puzzle clues the player encounters for easy reference while playing.
- "奥拉：时代的命运" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Аура" -- Russian title
- "Aura: Tor zur Ewigkeit" -- German title
- "Aura: La Legende Des Mondes Paralleles " -- French title
- "Aura: el destino de las edades" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
|Gorgeous graphics / difficult puzzles / almost no story||Jeanne (75379)|
|Glide Underground||Oct 14, 2004||90|
|FOK!games||Sep 08, 2004||79 out of 100||79|
|FileFactory Games / Gameworld Network||Jul 26, 2004||73 out of 100||73|
|IGN||Jul 01, 2004||7.3 out of 10||73|
|Adventure Corner||Aug 04, 2004||66 out of 100||66|
|4Players.de||Jul 16, 2004||65 out of 100||65|
|RPGFan||Nov 07, 2007||53 out of 100||53|
|Joystick (French)||Oct, 2004||5 out of 10||50|
|GameDaily||Dec 14, 2006||5 out of 10||50|
|GameStar (Germany)||Aug, 2004||21 out of 100||21|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Aura: Fate of the Ages (official website)
- Aura: Fate of the Ages (Aura on The Adventure Company's site)
- Aura: Fate of the Ages (Official Web Site)
- Aura Walkthrough (Step-by-step solution by Karzon)
- Hints for Aura (Universal Hint System question and answer solution and strategy guide)
- Interview on Adventure Europe (An interview with Evgeniy Lebed of Streko Graphics and with Simon Vivien of The Adventure Company about the game and its sequel, by Adventure Europe)
- MaGtRo's Walkthrough (Full solution for Aura)
- Streko-Graphics: Aura (Developer's Aura Page)
- Walkthrough by Malcolm Schmidt (Step by step solution)
- WorthPlaying: Aura: Fate of the Ages Patch (Download the latest Aura Patch here)
- Zarf's Review (A review of Fate of the Ages by Andrew Plotkin (August, 2004).)