No less than six years have gone by before the third installment in the Broken Sword series saw the light of day. The first two games (The Shadow of the Templars
and The Smoking Mirror
) delved into the Knights Templar and Mayan mythology. This time, George Stobbart and Nico Collard are after the Voynich Manuscript to unravel its mysteries.The Sleeping Dragon
moves away from the 2D point-and-click concept from the earlier games and features a full 3D world, with a camera that does not rotate, but uses fixed cinematic perspectives, combined with full 5.1 sound. For the Windows version the game is no longer controlled through the mouse, but now through the keyboard, for the movement of the characters as well as all the actions. The player alternately controls George or Nico. Next to typical adventure gameplay such as exploration, conversations, and searching and combining items, there are also a few action sequences. The characters can duck, sneak, hang from ledges and move crates to reach higher areas.
The locations visited throughout the game include The Congo, Paris, England, Czech Republic and Egypt.
- "断剑：沉睡之龙" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Сломанный Меч 3: Спящий Дракон" -- Russian spelling
- "Slomannyj Mech 3: Spjaschij Drakon" -- Russian title
- "Les Chevaliers de Baphomet: Le manuscrit de Voynich" -- French title
- "BS3" -- Common abbreviation
- "Broken Sword: Nenereru Ryuu no Densetsu" -- Japanese title
- "Broken Sword: Il Sonno del Drago" -- Italian title
- "Broken Sword: El sueño del dragón" -- Spanish title
- "Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon" -- GOG.com release
- "Broken Sword 3" -- Common title
- "Baphomets Fluch: Der schlafende Drache" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
The actress who played Nico, Sarah Crook
did not actually audition for the role. She was one of the supervisors of the audition, and asked Charles Cecil
if she could try out for the role after a string of applicants Cecil regarded as unsuitable.
- In the room of Vernon Blier, the geek, you can find some references. In his bedroom, there's a poster with the cover image of the first Broken Sword game against the wall. In the living room, there's a painting with an apple on it. If you observe it closely, Nico will say: "Another Steve Jobs original" - an obvious reference to Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple.
- George's lucky piece of coal makes a return. In the previous game, you could pick up a 'lucky piece of coal' in the warehouse in Marseilles. It appears in this game as well, you can find it in the locked metal shack in Susarro`s Castle. Just like the previous game, it has no use at all in the game itself.
- The picture of George in Nico's apartment is the picture that George uses to ask about the killer throughout the first Broken Sword game, Circle of Blood. If you look behind George, you can see the assassin, complete with the bright green clown pants.
This was planned to be the last Broken Sword game, but later Revolution decided to continue the series with Secrets of the Ark: A Broken Sword Game
.Information also contributed by
This entry was contributed by Sciere (205651)
and MAT (53415)