DescriptionCreatures is a biological simulation. You start with six eggs of Norns, cute little creatures who live in an imaginary world. Your task is to give them knowledge about the world they live in, learn them how to speak, how to use toys, an elevator, how to eat etc. They will eventually grow older, reproduce themselves and die. The game uses its own genetics system, as well as biochemical and neurological calculations to determine the evolution of Norns and the way their DNA would develop in their descendants.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Creatures: Schaffen Sie künstliches Leben in Ihrem Computer!" -- German tag-lined title
- "Creatures: Create Real Life on Your PC" -- Tag-lined title
- "Creatures: Create and breed your own artificial life." -- UK tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
|Amazing! My favorite game EVER!||Windows||Suzie Pendlebury (3)|
|Electric Playground||Windows||Jun 11, 1997||9 out of 10||90|
|Advance||Game Boy Advance||2001||89 out of 100||89|
|PC Games (Germany)||Windows||Nov, 1996||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Player (Germany)||Windows||Feb, 1997||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows 3.x||Nov, 1997||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||PlayStation||Dec 08, 2001||14 out of 20||70|
|Gamesmania.de||Windows||1996||70 out of 100||70|
|PC Joker||Windows||Jan, 1997||66 out of 100||66|
|PSX Nation||PlayStation||Dec 29, 2002||53 out of 100||53|
|Cheat Code Central||PlayStation||2001||2 out of 5||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Douglas AdamsThe front of the UK box has this testimonial:
The same processes which gave rise to life in the real world have been modelled in software and the results are awe-inspiring." - Douglas Adams, author of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy'.
EggsThe original Windows release came with an egg disk on which a number of Norn eggs were saved that could be transported into the game. This, however, caused them to be permanently erased from the original egg disk. Later releases and patches of the game featured an egg generator which randomly created Norn eggs and their genetic information.
Information also contributed by Little Yoda
Related Web Sites
- Creatures (official website)
- Creatures Wiki (Creatures encyclopedia maintained by community members.)
- openc2e (openc2e is a free and open-source game engine designed to be compatible with the various engines used in the Creatures series of artificial life games. It supports games such as Creatures, Creatures 2, Creatures 3 and Docking Station, on many different platforms.)
Game Boy Advance Credits