Not an American user?
DescriptionThis first-person, point and click adventure is an atmospheric ghost story which takes place primarily in an old train station and a nearby hotel in Dorset, England.
The game begins as you listen to a phone message from your brother urging you to meet him immediately because "something has gone wrong" and that "what they were looking for has found them." You leave immediately and, upon arriving, you discover that your brother is only one of many whose disappearances are unexplained.
Your investigations into the past and present will involve reading diaries, newspapers, letters and other records to uncover the secrets hiding in the buildings. You will be finding clues to puzzles as you explore the creepy environment where apparitions come forth without warning.
The in 2009 released Classic Edition adds support for Windows XP and Vista, new sound effects and other technical adjustments.
- "黑暗之秋" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Обитель Тьмы" -- Russian spelling
- "Dark Fall: Rencontres Avec L'Au-Dela " -- French title
- "Dark Fall - Il Diario dei misteri" -- Italian title
- "Dark Fall: Das Journal des Geisterjägers" -- German title
- "Dark Fall (Classic Edition)" -- 2009 re-release title
- "Dark Fall 1" -- Common title
Part of the Following Group
|Thrills and chills abound in this spooky, mystifying adventure!||Jeanne (75627)|
The Press Says
|Armchair Empire, The||Sep 07, 2003||8.6 out of 10||86|
|GameBoomers||Jan 05, 2004||B+||83|
|Game Over Online||Aug 08, 2003||82 out of 100||82|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 2003||80|
|ComputerGames.ro||Aug 16, 2002||80 out of 100||80|
|Adventurearchiv||Jul 24, 2002||76 out of 100||76|
|GameZone||Aug 16, 2003||7 out of 10||70|
|UHS (Universal Hint System)||Sep 26, 2003||70|
|PC Gamer||Nov, 2003||61 out of 100||61|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Jan 15, 2009||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ExtrasThere is a subdirectory on the CD, which contains instructions for the gameplay, a making of and a full hint system.
Related Web Sites
- Allia's Walkthrough -- Another excellent Dark Fall walkthru
- Hints for Dark Fall -- These hints will help you solve the game without spoiling it for you.
- Official Game Page -- XXv Production's Dark Fall page
- US Publisher's Official Page -- The Adventure Company's Dark Fall: The Journal page
- Walkthrough -- Walkthrough by MaGtRo
- Zarf's Review -- A review of The Journal by Interactive Fiction developer Andrew Plotkin (September, 2002).
Jeanne (75627) added Dark Fall: The Journal (Windows) on Aug 03, 2002
Dan Dawang, Matthew Dickson, Chris Elliott, Aldo Fazzari, Yohany Lee, Nick Mucci, Matthew Richardson, Matthew Szymanski, Justin Wah KanDesign, Programming and Creation: