DescriptionIn Ancient Domains of Mystery, the player character is an adventurer who has traveled to a remote mountain range to save Ancardia, the world of the game, from the forces of Chaos. The player can either continue on with this quest or join on with Chaos, depending on the choices that the player makes in the game. Becoming corrupted by the forces of chaos causes mutations which have positive or negative effects.
The game features a wide range of character races and classes, a point-based skill system, many subplots, and a detailed world which allows to grow herbs and repair/upgrade weapons with smithing.
- "Ancient Dungeons of Mystery" -- Working title
- "ADOM" -- Informal abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Alchemy
- Gameplay feature: Blacksmithing
- Gameplay feature: Botany, Farming, Gardening
- Gameplay feature: Character development - Skill development / training
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Gameplay feature: Mining
- Gameplay feature: Survival cooking
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Rogue variants / Roguelikes
|ADOM is one of the best of the rogue-like games.||Droog (463)|
The Press Says
|GameHippo.com||Dec 03, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|Abandonia Reloaded||Apr 08, 2005||3.7 out of 5||74|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Ancient Domains of Mystery -- official game website
- QHack -- C++ Rouge-Like engine, used in Ancient Domains of Mystery, created by the same developer.