DescriptionThe Archmage Khelben summons the Heroes of Waterdeep, slayers of the Beholder Xanathar, for another mission. Strange things are happening in the forests near Waterdeep, centered around the Temple Darkmoon. People have been disappearing and shallow graves containing human remains have been found. Khelben teleports the party to the forests near Darkmoon so they may find out what kind of evil is working in the towers of the temple.
Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon is, like its predecessor, a first-person dungeon-crawling role-playing game based on the second edition of AD&D rules. It uses the same point-and-click gameplay mechanics and controls as the first game, with only minor changes. The game is set entirely in pseudo-3D maze-like areas; no automapping is available. Combat flows in real time, and characters can move as a single unit to lure enemies or avoid blows.
A starting party consists of four characters, which can be transferred from the earlier game or created from scratch. Six classes (Fighter, Ranger, Paladin, Cleric, Mage, and Thief) are available. Characters can reach higher levels and learn new spells, must face new and tough monsters, and solve multiple puzzles. Compared to the first game, many more illustrated NPC encounters and cutscenes were added.
- "Eye of The Beholder II: Legende von Darkmoon" -- German title
- "EOB2" -- Abbreviated, often-referred-to title.
Part of the Following Groups
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
- Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
- Eye of the Beholder series
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
|Extremely challenging, and extremely good.||Tomer Gabel (4352)|
|One of the best old-time RPGs, perfect at all places||Optimus (80)|
|A milestone in rpg's||Staffan Bengtsson (4)||unrated|
|Zero||Feb, 1992||92 out of 100||92|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Jan, 1992||893 out of 1000||89|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Feb, 1992||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Joker||Feb, 1992||86 out of 100||86|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Jan, 1992||10 out of 12||83|
|Power Play||Mar, 1992||82 out of 100||82|
|Play Time||Mar, 1992||78 out of 100||78|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Apr 21, 2006||11 out of 20||55|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Third time's the charm?||5||vedder (20572)
Jun 25, 2010
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best RPG of 1992 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Eye of the Beholder 2 Walkthrough (on gamewinners.com)
- Legend of Darkmoon - FAQs & Guides (posted on GameFaqs.com)
- The All-Seeing Eye (An automapper for the DOS versions of the first two Eye of the Beholder)