DescriptionSango Fighter is a versus fighting game set in the Three Kingdoms era in China. The player can choose between five different characters from the time period, and fight other characters in either a one-on-one combat or a story mode.
The story is loosely based on real historical events of the Three Kingdoms era: towards the end of the Han Dynasty, China was controlled by the Emperor Ling, who was in turn controlled by ten of his servants in the royal palace. This created a convenient atmosphere for bandits, and the land was in turmoil. Then the Emperor ordered the ten dukes to take it on themselves to restore peace in the land, but the dukes instead fought amongst themselves. Finally, the duke Cao Cao took the Emperor captive and he now controls the realm. The player, however, must use five fighters to take on Cao Cao's forces and restore equilibrium to the land.
- "武將爭霸: 三國志" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "武将争霸：三国志" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "三国武将争覇" -- Japanese spelling
- "Wu Jiang Zheng Ba: Sanguozhi" -- Chinese title
- "Violent Vengeance" -- Working title
- "Sango Street Fighter" -- Microstar release title
- "Fighter in China" -- Common title
- "삼국지 무장쟁패" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- 10 Tons of Games: Mega Collection 1 (games included)
- Genre: Versus fighting
- Sango Fighter / Wu Jiang Zheng Ba series
- Setting: Chinese
- Setting: Chinese Three Kingdoms era
|Praise Panda||okos ember (17)|
|A genuinely horrible game.||Tomer Gabel (4388)|
The Press Says
|Top Secret||Feb, 1994||10 out of 10||100|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Super A'Can screenshots & cover||2||lilalurl (778)
Feb 02, 2012
TriviaOne presumes that the "Sango" in the game's name refers to a streamlined transliteration of the pinyin Sānguó, literally the "Three Empires" of Cao Wei, Shu Han and Eastern Wu.
Related Web Sites
- Sango Fighter Epic Battle (This site has moves, startegies, cool gif animations, sounds, MIDI music and lots of other stuff.