DescriptionHundreds of years in the future, mankind and dolphins live peacefully together and share the earth. Dolphins, who are much more intelligent than they seem, act as the earth's caretakers, while dolphins and humans explore the galaxy. An alien force, known as the Foe, seeks to end this happy existence. The Foe damages the Earth's defense system, and alters history for the worse. One extraordinary dolphin, Ecco, must travel through time to set things right.
Ecco is a 3d underwater adventure game. There are more than 25 aquatic environments to explore. Ecco must communicate with other ocean creatures and learn to manipulate his environment if he is to succeed in defeating the Foe.
Part of the Following Groups
|Fantastic uncontrollable beauty||Dreamcast||optrirominiluikus (112)|
The Press Says
|Dreamcastmagazin.de||Dreamcast||Sep 07, 2001||A||100|
|Gamezilla||Dreamcast||Oct 11, 2000||88 out of 100||88|
|neXGam||Dreamcast||Dec 27, 2009||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Dreamcast||Jul 04, 2000||17 out of 20||85|
|GamePro (US)||PlayStation 2||Apr 10, 2002||4 out of 5||80|
|Planet Dreamcast||Dreamcast||Aug 29, 2000||8 out of 10||80|
|Futuregamez.net||PlayStation 2||Feb 26, 2002||61 out of 100||61|
|Super Play||Dreamcast||Jul, 2000||6 out of 10||60|
|The Video Game Critic||Dreamcast||Sep 06, 2000||D||25|
There are currently no topics for this game.
David BrinThe original storyline for this game was written by science fiction author David Brin. Brin has won two Hugo Awards, one for Startide Rising and one for The Uplift War. Both novels are part of the Uplift series, and guess what: very intelligent dolphins play a big role in the series.
ExtrasIncluded with the European version of this game is a product catalogue that showcases amongst other things the unreleased Half-Life port for the Dreamcast.
Information also contributed by Bolley Bollington
Related Web Sites
- DARK SEA : The Ultimate Ecco the Dolphin Resource (The best resource on the net for Ecco the Dolphin game information, multimedia, information on the games' development from the creators themselves, and full documentation of the Ecco 2: Tides of Time prototype version.)
- Ecco the Dolphin: Caverns of Hope (Good fan site with lots of downloads, history, and community.)
- Ecco The Dolphin: Defender Of The Future Swim-Thru (A dedicated site where multiple versions of the dotf walkthrough will appear. Text version is already live, with html version in the pipeline.)
- Project EccoServe (EccoServe is a giant compendium of Ecco files from music to images of the rare and ancient comic.)
- Wikipedia: Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future (Information about Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future at Wikipedia)