DescriptionA new narcotics cartel destroyed the local DEA-office in Bogotá. And now as DEA special agent Victor Corbet, codename El Matador you must bring justice on Colombia's La Valedora drug barons.
To do your mission you are supplied with huge arsenal of realistic weapons, divided to six categories from normal pistols to machine-guns, rocket launchers and chain-guns including AK-47 and Gatling Cannon. El Matador also presents two Max Payne's style «slo-mo» modes. One is automatically activated, for instance when you dive, and doesn't cost anything. The other is manually activated and drains your slow-time-meter.
You play with a 3rd-person perspective through different kinds of environments from the Colombian jungle encampments to cartel's headquarters in harbors or hotels. In some missions you are joined by AI-buddies, who will make your life a little easier for some time.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Action||Sep, 2006||82 out of 100||82|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2006||77 out of 100||77|
|PC Powerplay||Nov 22, 2006||71 out of 100||71|
|allaboutgames.co.uk||Oct 02, 2006||7 out of 10||70|
|Gamezine||Oct 22, 2006||11 out of 20||55|
|IGN||Oct 23, 2006||5.3 out of 10||53|
|GameSpot||Nov 03, 2006||5.1 out of 10||51|
|GameZone||Oct 26, 2006||5 out of 10||50|
|1UP||Nov 07, 2006||C||50|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Oct 29, 2006||4.5 out of 10||45|
There are currently no topics for this game.
AdvertisementThe German publisher Frogster sold a Collector's Edition, basically just a German version without the changes specified in the trivia item "German version", exclusively at the Games Convention 2006.
German versionIn the German version the story was rewritten so that the protagonist is no longer an official agent but a gangster and double agent. To illustrate that, there are numerous new cutscenes. There are also additional changes:
- The MP5 and MP5 with silencer were re-labeled as tranquilizer guns and given unlimited ammo. The tranquilizer gun itself was made more effective.
- Ragdoll effects were completely removed
- It is not possible to shoot at corpses
- Almost all blood (except the one of the protagonist) was removed
- Some Nazi references in dialogues were removed
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 02/2007 – Most Embarrassing PR Stunt in 2006 (see trivia item "Advertisement" for details)
Related Web Sites
- EL MATADOR (News and updates for the El Matador game)