DescriptionFreedom Force is a real-time tactical role-playing game which allows you to create and customize your own superheroes.
Along with the ability to create your own skins, names and super power attributes, you can take your team of superheroes out in the town to defeat countless enemies, improving the experience points of your character. All of the buildings and items in each city are destructible and you can throw most items at your enemy.
The single player campaign starts with you taking control of Frank Stiles. Frank overhears a conversation between two scientists about a secret experiment. The scientists discover Frank and leave him to die by a glowing statue. Luckily for Frank, the statue turns him into Minuteman, and now you must stop the scientists from getting away.
As you dive deeper into the story, you will gain teammates, each with their own special powers, and even more deadly enemies to defeat.
Part of the Following Groups
|Great Caesar's Ghost!||Windows||Terrence Bosky (5231)|
|An action-packed romp through a 1960's comic book world.||Windows||Droog (461)|
|Best interactive comic game ever!||Windows||Terry Callahan (67)|
|If Jack Kirby had been a programmer, this would be his game...||Windows||Dr.Bedlam (53)|
|An Amazing, Incredible, and Smart Way to Play the Comix!||Windows||Dwango (292)|
|ActionTrip||Windows||Apr 10, 2002||93 out of 100||93|
|PC Gamer Brasil||Windows||Oct, 2002||91 out of 100||91|
|GameSpot||Windows||Mar 29, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|The Age||Windows||May 09, 2002||90|
|Netjak||Windows||Jun 03, 2002||9 out of 10||90|
|GameZone||Windows||Apr 10, 2002||8.9 out of 10||89|
|PC Zone Benelux||Windows||May, 2002||85 out of 100||85|
|4Players.de||Windows||Aug 13, 2002||81 out of 100||81|
|Macworld||Macintosh||Jul 01, 2003||70|
|AppleLinks.Com||Macintosh||Feb 09, 2003||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2003 (Issue #148) - #9 overall in the "10 Best Games of 2002" list
- Computer Gaming World
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Strategy Game of the Year
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Best Story of the Year
- April 2003 (Issue #225) – Best Art Direction of the Year
- September 2006 (Issue #266) – Introduced into the Hall of Fame
- 2011 - #2 Top Superhero PC Game (together with Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich)
- PC Gamer
- April 2005 - #50 in the "50 Best Games of All Time" list
Related Web Sites
- Freedom Force Pledges to Fight for Truth and Justice on Your Mac (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Freedom Force, with commentary provided by MacPlay's Director of Sales and marketing, Henry Price (November, 2002).)
- Freedom Force Universe (Official website)
Freedom Force Team: