DescriptionBurnout is an arcade style racing game in the mold of the Test Drive or Need For Speed series. In this game, you are racing on realistic streets with real traffic to contend with.
There are 6 courses on which to race, 3 of which are reminiscent of Europe, and 3 from the USA. There are several vehicles to choose from, ranging from compact cars to pickups. However, they are not based on real makes and models.
One notable feature of Burnout is the "Burn Meter." The Burn Meter is a gauge that is filled by performing reckless stunts, like racing into oncoming traffic, or power-drifting through corners. Once the Burn Meter is filled, your car gets a super speed boost.
- "横冲直撞" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Shiny Red Car " -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Burnout series
- Graphics Engine: RenderWare
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Theme: Street racing
|Sleepy Little Racing Game||Game22 (42)|
|Deaf Gamers||2002||9 out of 10||90|
|Netjak||Mar 24, 2005||8.7 out of 10||87|
|N-Zone||Jul 06, 2003||85 out of 100||85|
|GameZone||Jun 30, 2002||8.5 out of 10||85|
|64 Power / big.N / N Games||Apr, 2002||84 out of 100||84|
|Meristation||May 29, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
|The Video Game Critic||Aug 13, 2002||B||75|
|The Next Level||Jun 18, 2002||B||75|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||May 16, 2002||70|
|Officiel Nintendo Magazine||May, 2002||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Burnout (Official Website)
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Wikipedia: Burnout (Information about Burnout at Wikipedia)
Nintendo GameCube Lead Programmer: