DescriptionThe third installment of the The Journeyman Project adventure game series, this time utilizing a 1st person perspective with a panoramic view you can rotate in 360 degrees freely. The game casts the player as Gage Blackwood, Agent 5 of the Temporal Security Agency, who must travel back in time visiting Atlantis, El Doraldo and Shangri La. In this journey you must try to capture a rogue TSA agent, Agent 3, and collect several mysterious artifacts left by an ancient alien race to protect Earth from an alien invasion and save time and reality itself.
New to the third game is the Chameleon Suit. No longer must the player avoid being seen while traveling through the past, as they can now disguise themselves as any person they have seen. People in the past can be spoken to as well, and their reactions vary based on who Gage is disguised as. Puzzles often need to be solved by bringing in items from another time period, or by talking to a character to learn more about the mythical societies.
- "The Journeyman Project 3: L'Heritage Du Temps" -- French title
- "The Journeyman Project 3: Il Retaggio del Tempo" -- Italian title
- "The Journeyman Project 3: El Legado del Tiempo" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
- The Journeyman Project series
- Theme: Time Manipulation
- Visual technique / style: Live-action cutscenes
|A wonderful adventure.||Windows||Steelysama (106)|
|A forgotten gem.||Windows||Halleck (383)|
|A perfect conclusion to the series||Windows||Dave Schenet (130)|
|The best adventure game ever in history, a true classic!||Windows||DarkTalon (134)|
The Press Says
|Mac Game Gate||Macintosh||Jun, 1998||100|
|Privat Computer PC||Windows||1998||86 out of 100||86|
|Gamezilla||Windows||Oct 08, 1999||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Jeux||Windows||Jan, 1998||84 out of 100||84|
|Mac Gamer||Macintosh||1997||80 out of 100||80|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Windows||May 03, 1998||80|
|PC Action||Windows||Dec 17, 1997||78 out of 100||78|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Jan, 1998||75 out of 100||75|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows||Apr, 1998||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaIn 2009, Presto Studios released a 10th Anniversary Edition of the game for Mac OS X. It includes the enhanced graphics from the original DVD version for Windows and features an extra Easter egg. The game was only Carbonized (meaning it is not Intel Mac native) as the company who made the game's 360° VR rendering engine, that was written with PowerPC code, had gone out of business.
Related Web Sites
- Capt. Sage's Review (An un-scored review of Legacy of Time by Thomas Smith (2009).)
- FAQs & Guides (Several walkthroughs and hints on GameFaqs.com)
- Legacy of Time Hints (Stuck in the game? This hints will help you solve it.)
- Walkthroughs (The Spoiler Centre offers several walkthroughs from different people.)
- Zarf's Review (A Mac review of Legacy of Time by Andrew Plotkin (May, 1998).)