DescriptionMonster Rancher 2 is at heart an arena fighting game with a lot of ancillary game play thrown in. As a trainer of a fighting monster you have to train, reward, punish, cajole and bribe your minion to build up its statistics. You then take your monster into the arena where it battles with other monsters for cash prizes, prestige, and better stats. Like the original Monster Rancher, this game allows players to create a monster using an innovative technique: you can stick in any CD you own (PlayStation, audio, PC, or other) and the data that is read off the CD is used to generate the characteristics of the monster.
- "怪兽农场2" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "Monster Rancher" -- European title
- "Monster Farm 2" -- Japanese Title
- "モンスターファーム2" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|IGN||Oct 07, 1999||8.8 out of 10||88|
|GameSpot||Sep 27, 1999||8.7 out of 10||87|
|RPGFan||Sep 04, 1999||85 out of 100||85|
|Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine (OPM)||Nov, 1999||80|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Oct 14, 1999||80|
|Game Revolution||Jan, 2000||B||75|
|NowGamer||Oct 20, 2000||7.1 out of 10||71|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Monster Rancher Metropolis (Message Board, FAQ, and tips site covering all Monster Rancher Games. Site has detailed info on items, monsters, and raising methods, and hosts tournaments. )
- Wikipedia: Monster Rancher 2 (Information about Monster Rancher 2 at Wikipedia)