Also Known As +
- Tehkan Ltd. (from 1981-07-31 to 1986)
Overview edit · view history
Tecmo was founded on July 31st 1967 in Japan, initially as a supplier of cleaning equipment. In the field of electronic games, the company has been focusing on the arcades throughout much of its history. Tecmo is known for Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Fatal Frame, and other series.
Credited on 135 Games from 1981 to 2010
Displaying most recent · View all
[ view all ]
- April 1981
The company releases its first own game, a vertical space shooter called Pleiades.
The company changes its name to Tehkan.
- March 1970
First own amusement installation in a bowling centre in Chiba prefecture.
- July 1969
The company starts selling amusement machines.
- July 31st, 1967
[ view all ]
Tecmo was formerly known as Tehkan, itself a contraction of the much older company name, Teikoku Kanzai.
Related Web Sites +
- 56 games with Tecmo, Inc.
- 12 games with Koei Tecmo Games Co., Ltd.
- 12 games with Team Ninja
- 12 games with HAMSTER Corporation
- 6 games with Sophia Enterprises, Inc.
- 6 games with Nintendo of America Inc.
- 6 games with Graphic Research Co., Ltd.
- 6 games with Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC
- 5 games with Koei Tecmo America Corp.
- 4 games with Centuri, Inc.