Updates and changes to the MobyGames platform.
Feb 9th, 2023
- New Driver/API added: DirectDraw. (bugfix)
Jan 3rd, 2023
- Cuba has been added as a new release country.
Dec 16th, 2022
- New platform added: Meritum - A Polish computer inspired but not compatible with the TRS-80
Dec 10th, 2022
- New platform added: Triton - a late 70s 8080-based computer kit marketed in Britain
Dec 9th, 2022
- New platform added: Research Machines 380Z - a late 70s Z80-based computer marketed in Britain
Nov 24th, 2022
- New platform added: Pandora
Oct 10th, 2022
- New age rating: IMDA (Singapore).
Oct 3rd, 2022
- New platform added: Matsushita/Panasonic JR - a series of 8-bit computers from the early and mid 1980s
Sep 2nd, 2022
- New platform added: Casio Programmable Calculators - a catchall platform for ALL programmable calculators by Casio, starting from the Casio FX-502P series released in 1978.
Jun 10th, 2022
- New PS5 tech spec: Game Help supported
Jun 1st, 2022
- New platform added: AirConsole (Streaming)
May 6th, 2022
- New platform added: Playdate
Mar 25th, 2022
- Idle has been added as a new basic genre.
Mar 22nd, 2022
- Casino / Gambling has been promoted from a Gameplay subgenre to a Basic genre. It is now called Gambling with a new description. Because of that, quite a few titles will need a genre revision.
- Gambling elements has been added as a new subgenre in the Gameplay category.
Feb 11th, 2022
- The genre Bird's-eye view has been renamed Diagonal-down.
Feb 10th, 2022
- Added CADPA rating system. Applicable for Windows games released in 2020 or after.
Jan 28th, 2022
- New platform added: G-cluster (Streaming)
Dec 5th, 2021
- Nes PS5 tech spec: Performance / Fidelity mode switch
Nov 18th, 2021
- Added SMECCV rating (latest game rating in the country of Mexico).
Sep 19th, 2021
- New release info category added: Publishing Label
Sep 8th, 2021
- New platform added: Cybervision (1978 console sold exclusively at Montgomery Ward department stores)
Jul 5th, 2021
- New platform added: OOParts (Streaming)
Jul 4th, 2021
- New platform added: Champion 2711 (1978 console by Unisonic)
- New platform added: Versatile (series of personal computers)
May 28th, 2021
- New platform added: Luna (Streaming)
May 16th, 2021
- Added new platform: Bandai Super Vision 8000 (a.k.a. TV Jack Micro Computer System)
May 6th, 2021
- Added new platform: Interact Model One
Apr 23rd, 2021
- New tech spec added for PS5 under Number of Online Players: 50 Players
Apr 18th, 2021
- Two new product codes types added: Android Package ID (Android) and App Store / iTunes Product ID (iPhone/iPad/Macintosh/tvOS)
Apr 8th, 2021
- New platform added: PlayStation Now (Streaming)
Apr 5th, 2021
- New platform added: Xbox Cloud Gaming (Streaming)
Feb 10th, 2021
- New credits classifications page added and linked in the wizard (https://www.mobygames.com/info/credits_classification) - thanks Mtik333!
Feb 1st, 2021
- New platform added: Gloud (Streaming)
Jan 26th, 2021
- New platform added: Plex Arcade (Streaming)
Dec 24th, 2020
- New platform added: Blacknut (Streaming)
Nov 11th, 2020
- New platform added: PlayStation 5
Nov 9th, 2020
- New platform added: Xbox Series X
Oct 29th, 2020
- New tech spec added for PS4/PS5 under Miscellaneous Attributes: PS Plus required for online play
Oct 28th, 2020
- New genre added under DLC group: Edition Upgrade
Oct 27th, 2020
- New SNES, Genesis, DOS and Windows Input Device tech spec: Batter Up
- New SNES and Genesis Input Device tech spec: TeeV Golf
Sep 29th, 2020
- New PS4 tech spec: PS5 Upgrade Available
Sep 25th, 2020
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X added to System List
Sep 19th, 2020
- Made the UAE's NMC rating system selectable for the Nintendo Switch platform.
- Added Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and Qatar as selectable countries.
Jul 28th, 2020
- Stretched to Full Screen and Fit-to-Screen (in ratio) merged into "Stretch-to-Fit" single option.
Jul 19th, 2020
- New platform added: Sure Shot HD
Jul 2nd, 2020
- New platform added: Antstream
Jun 25th, 2020
- New tech spec: iOS 10.3.4 added for iPad and iPhone
Jun 19th, 2020
- New platform added: Danger OS
Jun 10th, 2020
- New platform added: Evercade
May 31st, 2020
- New Sound Capabilities tech spec: DTS-HD
May 29th, 2020
- Full-screen Options Supported tech spec group added for Windows platform.
-- available options are resolution switch, stretched to full screen, fit-to-screen (in ratio)
May 28th, 2020
- New Arcade Systems added: Atari System 1, Atari System 2, Atari G1, Atari (Other), and Capcom (Other)
May 15th, 2020
- New Miscellaneous Attributes tech spec: WiiConnect24 compatible
Apr 24th, 2020
- New iPadOS versions added: 13.1.1, 13.1.2, 13.1.3, 13.2, 13.2.2, 13.2.3, 13.3, 13.3.1, 13.4, 13.4.1
- New Android OS added: Android 10 (Queen Cake)
- New iOS versions added: 13.1, 13.1.1, 13.1.2, 13.1.3, 13.2, 13.2.1, 13.2.2, 13.2.3, 13.3, 13.3.1, 13.4, 13.4.1
Apr 13th, 2020
- Joystick tech spec added under Input Devices Required and Supported.
Joystick (Analog / Digital / Rotary) moved to Controller Types Supported.
Specific joysticks moved to new "Joystick Types Supported" group.
Mar 27th, 2020
- Fix Nintendo.com scraper (thanks to Ms. Tea) (bugfix)
Mar 2nd, 2020
- New DLC genre added: Upgrade (Skill / Boost)
Feb 26th, 2020
- New platform added: Stadia
- New platform added: OnLive
Feb 23rd, 2020
- Separate 'thanks' credits from other credits when counting developers.
Feb 20th, 2020
- Display the number of unique developers (plus entities) on credits listings.
Feb 17th, 2020
- API: fixed a bug that could rarely prevent platform information from being returned (bugfix)
Feb 3rd, 2020
- New arcade system added: Taito F2 System
Jan 28th, 2020
- New platform added: ZX Spectrum Next
Jan 14th, 2020
- New setting genre added: Japan (Modern/Futuristic)
Jan 12th, 2020
- New vehicular theme added: Snowmobile
Jan 10th, 2020
- New DLC genre added: Audio.
Jan 2nd, 2020
- New tech spec category added: "Oculus.com" (for Android/Windows/Oculus Go/Oculus Quest)
- New tech spec category added: "Number of Motion Controllers Supported" (added for PS3/PS4/PC/MAC)
Jan 1st, 2020
- Virtual Reality Comfort Rating (VRCR) now available for Android (Gear VR), Windows (Oculus Rift), Oculus Go & Oculus Quest: Comfortable, Moderate, Intense and Unrated
Nov 8th, 2019
- New platform added: Neo Geo X
Oct 30th, 2019
- Nintendo Switch Lite added to the System List
Oct 23rd, 2019
- New tech spec added: Parental Control (currently added only for PS4 platform)
Oct 19th, 2019
- New Minimum OS Class Required tech specs for iOS: iOS 12.4.
Oct 17th, 2019
- New platform added: Signetics 2650
Oct 8th, 2019
- New Drivers/API Supported tech spec: Vulkan
- New 3D Graphics Card / Accelerator tech spec: NVIDIA (GeForce 20 series)
- Drivers/APIs Supported tech spec now available to Windows Apps, Tizen, and Nintendo Switch to make way for Vulkan.
Sep 26th, 2019
Sep 25th, 2019
- New platform added: Compal 80
Sep 22nd, 2019
- New Steam attributes added: Level-Editor, Remote Play on Phone, Remote Play on Tablet, Remote Play on TV.
Sep 4th, 2019
- Added product codes for "Hint/Guide Book" and "Reference Card/Guide" docs included with the game (DOS/WIN only).
Aug 28th, 2019
- New platform added: Zilog Z8000
Aug 24th, 2019
- new platform added: Motorola 68k
Aug 16th, 2019
- New platform added: Sony SMC-777
- New platform added: Hitachi S1
Aug 15th, 2019
- Added CD-DA to DOS/WIN platform (should be used instead of CD-ROM where applicable).
Jul 20th, 2019
- New Minimum OS Class Required tech specs for Android: Android 8.0 (Oreo), Android 8.1 (Oreo), Android 9.0 (Pie)
Jul 12th, 2019
- New rating system added: ESRA
Jul 2nd, 2019
- New platform added: Photo CD
- New Media Type tech spec: Portfolio Photo CD
- Australian/New Zealand ratings (OFLC) now available for Nintendo Switch
- New Virtual Reality tech spec: Valve Index
Jun 25th, 2019
- New Supported Input Device tech spec: PlayStation Analog Joystick (SCPH-1110)
Jun 5th, 2019
- New Supported Input Device tech spec: Fleshlight VStroker