DescriptionThis is a special edition release of Need for Speed II which provides improved visuals in comparison to the original release. The graphical improvements within this version of the game are only officially supported on 3Dfx Voodoo graphics cards, however, and thus the game is effectively graphically indistinguishable from the original version when played using different hardware.
Besides the graphical improvements, the new additions to this version are:
- 4 new cars: Ferrari F355F1, Ford Mustang Mach III, Italdesign Nazca C2 and Ford Indigo (this last one was only unlockable in the original Need For Speed II);
- 3 new bonus cars to unlock in Tournament mode;
- 1 new track: Last Resort;
- 1 new racing style: Wild;
- Reverse and mirrored tracks.
- "NFS2:SE" -- Informal title
- "Need for Speed II: Special Edition" -- European title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Ferrari F355
- Automobile: Ferrari F50
- Automobile: Ford GT
- Automobile: Jaguar XJ220
- Automobile: Lotus Esprit
- Automobile: McLaren F1
- Need for Speed series
- Setting: Australian / Oceanian
- Setting: City - Sydney
|One of the best racing games on earth!||Jim Fun (252)||unrated|
|Electric Games||1997||95 out of 100||95|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Nov 11, 1997||90|
|Gamezilla||Nov 20, 2000||88 out of 100||88|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 1997||81 out of 100||81|
|PC Player (Germany)||Nov, 1997||80|
|Power Play||Nov, 1997||79 out of 100||79|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Mar, 1998||70|
|PC Action||Nov, 1997||69 out of 100||69|
|Génération 4||Dec, 1997||50|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Nov, 1997||48 out of 100||48|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.