DescriptionThis installment in the Need for Speed series, Underground 2 is a racing game based on illicit, night time races, with the player gaining street credit, cash and access to unique tuner parts by schooling the competition.
Taking place in a massive, open city, NFS Underground 2 allows players to explore the city at will, engaging random challengers and moving into the coveted Underground Racing League. Once in the Underground Racing League, the player advances first by race wins, then with building up their tuner car and taking on tougher opponents. The objective is to win all Underground Racing League engagements and trick out your car to the max.
The PC version is the only version that allows the user to save magazine screen shots of your tricked out car to disk.
- "NFSU2" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: Ford Focus
- Automobile: Mazda MX-5 / Miata / Roadster
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Celica
- Genre: Open world driving
- Need for Speed series
- NFS Underground series
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Technology: amBX
|A great racing game - infinitely customizable...||Windows||Chris Martin (1112)|
The Press Says
|IGN||Windows||Nov 12, 2004||9.1 out of 10||91|
|CNET||Windows||Oct 29, 2004||90|
|Factornews||Windows||Jan 07, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|UOL Jogos||PlayStation 2||Nov 12, 2004||80|
|Jeuxpo.com||GameCube||2004||7.7 out of 10||77|
|Game Chronicles||Nintendo DS||Jun 17, 2005||7.6 out of 10||76|
|GameSpot||Nintendo DS||May 26, 2005||7.2 out of 10||72|
|UGO (UnderGroundOnline)||Windows||Dec 29, 2004||B-||67|
|G4 TV: X-Play||Nintendo DS||Jun 27, 2005||60|
|Nintendo Difference||GameCube||Dec 26, 2004||12 out of 20||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Server shutdownIn early August 2006, EA closed their servers for multiplayer games, for the Xbox, and Windows (demo) versions. The PS2 and Windows servers were closed on 1st November 2007.
- GamePro (Germany)
- February 2005 - Best Console Sports Game in 2004 (Readers' Vote)
- 2004 - PC Racing Game of the Year
- 2004 – PC Sports / Racing Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 2005 - Best PC Sports Game in 2004 (Readers' Vote)
- Spike TV Video Game Awards
- 2004 - Best Performance by a Human Female (for Brooke Burke)
Related Web Sites
Nintendo DS Credits