DescriptionIn this DS adaptation of the Wii title, Sega and Nintendo's characters appear in the same game for the first time in history. At the same time, this title uses the official Beijing 2008 Olympic Games license and features the official venues and environments of the 2008 Olympic Games.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, and friends go head to head with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and their group in a sports competition through various Olympic events. Each character has different sets of attributes; these attributes give certain characters a slight advantage over others in particular events. For instance, Sonic is usually better at running than other characters. Though, it is possible to beat him with anyone.
There are several arcade style mini games that players can compete against up to three of their friends. Among the events are: skeet shooting, fencing, 100m and 400m dash, swimming, gymnastics, rowing, archery, table tennis, and many more that are unlocked through play as the video athletes earn medals, badges, and crowns.
- "Mario & Sonic op de Olympische Spelen" -- Dutch title
- "Mario & Sonic en los Juegos Olímpicos" -- Spanish title
- "Mario & Sonic bei den Olympischen Spielen" -- German title
- "Mario & Sonic aux Jeux Olympiques" -- French title
- "Mario & Sonic at Bejing Olympics" -- Japanese title
- "Mario & Sonic ai Giochi Olimpici" -- Italian title
- "마리오와 소닉 베이징 올림픽" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Hedgehogs
- IOC licensees
- Mario games
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series
- Sonic the Hedgehog universe
- Theme: Olympics
There are no reviews for this game.
|Gameplanet||Feb 18, 2008||90|
|Wonderwallweb.com||Feb 14, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Feb 07, 2008||14 out of 20||70|
|Pocket Gamer UK||Feb 05, 2008||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpot||Jan 30, 2008||6 out of 10||60|
|Game Tap||Feb 12, 2008||6 out of 10||60|
|UOL Jogos||Jan 22, 2008||60|
|Gamekult||Feb 08, 2008||6 out of 10||60|
|1UP||Jan 30, 2008||C+||58|
|Eurogamer.fr||Mar 09, 2008||4 out of 10||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.