DescriptionGuitar Hero simulates the thrill and the glory of rock 'n' roll. Choose from eight different characters, from classic rockers to metal heads, and build a career as a working rock musician.
The real kick is in the gameplay, which incorporates an included guitar-shaped controller. It allows you to "play along" with 30 awesome rock tunes by pressing fret buttons and working a responsive and durable strum bar. There's even a whammy bar for extreme action. The songs include selections from the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Boston, Audioslave and White Zombie.
Four difficulty levels test your skills and six venues will place you before increasingly larger audiences. You love rock music. You're a master at air guitar. Take the next step and walk a career's worth of miles in a rocker's shoes.
- "吉他英雄" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Jita Yingxiong" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
|Works better as a "Family Karaoke" than a game...||Indra is stressed (20754)|
|UOL Jogos||Jan 05, 2006||100|
|1UP||Nov 01, 2006||10 out of 10||100|
|Fragland.net||May 22, 2006||92.1 out of 100||92|
|VicioJuegos.com||Jun 27, 2007||91 out of 100||91|
|Meristation||Apr 27, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|GameDaily||Nov 09, 2005||90|
|videogamer.com||Jun 02, 2006||9 out of 10||90|
|TotalPlayStation||Dec 06, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jan 04, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|Retrogaming History||Oct 04, 2008||8 out of 10||80|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Shredz64 - Guitar Hero on the Commodore 64||1||Sciere (489061)
Nov 27, 2007
1001 Video GamesGuitar Hero appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Cancelled Xbox versionThe Xbox version of Guitar Hero was being developed by Mad Catz, but they pulled out because of a lawsuit with Konami, meaning that the game was only released on PS2.
ReferencesThe knobs on the amplifiers as the game loads go up to 11, rather than 10. This is a reference to a scene in the film This Is Spinal Tap.
- 2006 – #3 Best PlayStation 2 Game of the Year
- 2006 – Biggest Surprise of the Year
- 2006 – Best Licensed Soundtrack of the Year
- 2006 – #2 Best Hardware of the Year (for its controller)
- 2005 – #7 PS2 Game of the Year
- 2005 – Best Party Game of the Year (PS2)
Related Web Sites
- Guitar Hero (Official European website)
- Guitar Hero (Official game website (US))
- Wikipedia: Guitar Hero (Information about Guitar Hero at Wikipedia)