DescriptionA holographic sentinel guards the ruins - caverns left behind by the extinct Tastan race.
You play Beni who knows enough about the caves to be cautious. Only few who have entered have been able to find the way out. Now a greedy treasure seeker kidnaps Beni's sister and will only release her if Beni enters the most fearsome tomb of them all - the one belonging to Dormeuse, the Sleeping Woman.
Actively protecting her tomb, Dormeuse appears throughout Beni's exploration - taunting and challenging him. Sometimes her purpose is unclear. At other times she will actively protect, and, in doing so, will put roadblocks in Beni's way. Is she real .. or just an implanted artificial intelligence?
Sentinel: Descendants in Time is a first person, point and click adventure game, but uses keyboard keys for walking and a mouse for actions and 3D panning. Typical of the adventure genre, players will have many puzzles to solve, objects to find and use and different environments to explore.
- "Sentinel: Verborgene Existenzen" -- German title
- "Sentinel: Straznik Grobowca" -- Polish title
- "Sentinel: Potomci Casu" -- Czech title
- "Sentinel: Descendientes en el Tiempo" -- Spanish title
- "Sentinel: Dans l'Antre de la Dormeuse" -- French title
- "Realms of Illusion " -- 2005 re-release title
Part of the Following Group
|Graphically pretty .. intensely challenging puzzles .. but story lacks depth||Jeanne (75413)|
|A perfect mix of puzzles and exploration!||Ray Baun (80)|
|Adventurespiele||May 21, 2006||100|
|Just Adventure||Dec 21, 2004||A-||91|
|UHS (Universal Hint System)||Jan 20, 2005||90|
|GamePlasma||Jan 06, 2005||8.2 out of 10||82|
|GameZone||Jan 24, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Adventurearchiv||Feb 01, 2005||79 out of 100||79|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Mar, 2005||73 out of 100||73|
|Adventure Gamers||Jan 31, 2005||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Developer Interview (Maciej Miasik talks about Sentinel: Descendants in Time by Becky Waxman)
- Interview with Łukasz Pisarek at Adventure Classic Gaming ((June 2008) ACG asks Pisarek about the history of Detalion, Art of Murder development, and adventure game design philosophies )
- Sentinel (Official Web Site)
- Sentinel: Descendants in Time (The Adventure Company's official Sentinel site)
- Sentinel Walkthrough (by MaGtRo)
- UHS Hints (These question and answer type hints for Sentinel: Descendants in Time provide clues before the complete solutions are revealed.)
- Zarf's Review (A review of Descendants in Time by Andrew Plotkin (February, 2005).)