Five years after the events depicted in Knights of the Old Republic
, the Sith have become stronger and more determined to rule the Galaxy. The Jedi Order is nearly exterminated. A mysterious ex-Jedi has been exiled from the Order and is traveling alone. This Jedi had served under Darth Revan (when the latter was still on the Light side of the Force) during the Mandalorian Wars, but due to enigmatic circumstances was forced to retire. Now the past is catching up with the Jedi, and soon he or she will have to choose the side to fight on.The Sith Lords
looks and plays very similarly to its predecessor, also being based on the Star Wars d20
role-playing rule set (which, in its turn, is similar to the 3rd Edition of Dungeons & Dragons
) and having the same combat engine, character development, and a Light and Dark ethical system, which judges the player's decisions and actions and influences story events and characters' responses. Additions to the gameplay include a lightsaber-crafting system, which allows augmenting lightsabers with various items, new Force powers, and the possibility to influence the alignments of the characters in the player-controlled party through conversation choices and other decisions.
- "旧共和国武士II:西斯领主" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Star Wars: Caballeros de la Antigua República 2 - Los Señores Sith" -- Spanish title
- "KOTOR 2" -- Common abbreviation
- "Jiu Gongheguo Wushi II: Xisi Lingzhu" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
||Mar 14, 2005
||Mar 24, 2005
||91 out of 100
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)
||Feb 08, 2005
||88 out of 100
||Jan 08, 2005
||8.8 out of 10
||Feb 08, 2005
||8.7 out of 10
||Apr 18, 2005
||17 out of 20
||Jun 27, 2006
||8.5 out of 10
|Armchair Empire, The
||Jun 04, 2005
||8 out of 10
|G4 TV: X-Play
||Mar 30, 2006
was originally intended to have a longer more well developed ending involving the rest of your party members. However this was cut out and it is rumoured that Obsidian Entertainment was pressured to finish the game in time for the holiday season by Lucasarts. They were only given a 12 month development timeline.
A part of the cut material was an entire planet inhabited by droids. Unfortunately, the entire planet was cut from the game due to time constraints, making several of HK-47's subquests impossible to complete and leaving a crucial subplot unresolved.
The influence system that was introduced to the KOTOR
series in this game was originally going effect the game far more than it did in the final version. Like the HK factory and other things the time constraints forced Obsidian to scrapped most of the consequences of influencing certain characters to the Light or Dark Side. An example is that in the original version if you influenced Atton to the Dark Side he would KILL the Disciple, and if you influenced him to the Light Side he would sacrifice himself to save the Exile and the rest of the Ebon Hawk crew. In the end, because of lack of time, the influence feature did little more than change the characters appearance (if the went to Dark Side) and gave them a little more attitude.
Cut content restoration
Because Obsidian was not allowed to work on the game post-release, fans worked on mods to restore the content. The effort by the modding group Team Gizka failed, but the unrelated project "The Sith Lords Restoration Project" was eventually released in 2009. As of 2012 it reached version 1.7 and is still in further development.
The events of the original game are relayed from the player to another character, giving the player the option to base the sequel on either ending (and the protagonist's gender) the original game offered.
- At the end of the game when the exile asks Kreia about the future she says something along the lines of "The Mandalorians die out over the course of millenia, until the only relic left of them will be a bounty hunter clad in their armor, killed all too easily by a Jedi. She is referring to Boba or Jango Fett (or both) from the Star Wars movies.
- If you ask Kreia about what will happen to the Republic in the future, she will claim that the republic will fall over the course of 1000 years. This is referring to Star Wars: Episode III where, 1000 years after KOTOR 2 according to Star Wars continuity, Emperor Palpatine destroys the Republic and reforms it as the Galactic Empire.
Information also contributed by
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 02/2006 - #3 RPG/Adventure in 2005
- Issue 04/2006 - #4 RPG/Adventure in 2005 (Readers' Vote)
This entry was contributed by Kartanym (10796)