Wii Sports is a compilation of small sports games designed to be a showcase for the Wii's motion sensitive controller. Each game has several practice modes, and there is a Fitness Age feature to measure your daily improvement at all games.
- Tennis: A game of doubles. Swing the remote like a racket to play.
- Baseball: The computer automates the running and fielding. The player either pitches or bats.
- Golf: Swing the remote like a golf club to play through the included 9 holes.
- Bowling: Play a regular 10 frame game of bowling by swinging the remote like you're rolling a bowling ball.
- Boxing: Punch, defend, or lean, with the remote and nunchuk used to control both in-game hands.
Rather than realistic characters, each game is played using Miis, the simple characters that can be created from within the Wii's Mii Channel.
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
In the movie Tropic Thunder Matthew McConaughey's
character can be seen playing Wii Sports'
tennis and bowling games. It also appears in the 2009 movie (500) Days of Summer
, the 2010 movie Somewhere
. and Alvin & the Chipmunks : The Squeakquel
won six BAFTA's in 2007. It was awarded in the following categories: sports, innovation, gameplay, multiplayer, casual and strategy and simulation. It was also nominated in the best game category.
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2007 - Family Game of the Year
Related Web Sites