DescriptionWizards & Warriors is a traditional role-playing game similar in many ways to Wizardry games. The player builds a team of up to six members from ten available races to fulfill the legend of the Mavin Blade. It is possible to choose between four professions to start with, and convert to eleven others during the game, as the player learns the destiny of the heroes and prepares to confront the evil Cet.
The first-person perspective game uses mouse and keyboard commands to interact with the world. Combat is phased during melee, but real time at range. Magic uses a school/skill/mana approach: a character can only cast spells within his own school(s), with intensity of magic depending on his skill level, and limited by the amount of spell points in the school.
- "巫师与勇士" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Wizards & Warriors: Quest for the Mavin Sword" -- Informal name
- "Swords & Sorcery: Come Devils, Come Darkness" -- Working title
- "Deep6" -- Working title
Part of the Following Group
The Press Says
|Privat Computer PC||2000||85 out of 100||85|
|IGN||Sep 29, 2000||8.4 out of 10||84|
|PC Gameplay (Benelux)||Dec, 2000||80 out of 100||80|
|4Players.de||Nov 09, 2000||78 out of 100||78|
|ComputerGamers.com||Nov 26, 2000||78 out of 100||78|
|Spel för Alla||Dec, 2000||7 out of 10||70|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2000||5 out of 10||50|
|Electric Playground||May 08, 2004||4.5 out of 10||45|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThere is a Collector's Edition containing (apart from the CDs and the manual) two miniatures, a mini strategy guide detailing on the character classes and races, and a map of the game world.
Related Web Sites
- Activision - Wizards & Warriors (Official Website from Game Publisher)
- Darkslayers W&W Site (Fan site for Wizards & Warriors)
- Heuristic Park - Wizards & Warriors (Official Website from Game Developer)
- Ironworks W&W forum (The best forum for W&W on the net. It offers support, hints and general info about the game.)