DescriptionFable: The Lost Chapters is a version of Lionhead's Xbox-exclusive Fable, featuring enhancements to storyline and gameplay.
The game expands the main plot of the original release, continuing it beyond the final confrontation as well as adding nine new areas and sixteen quests. A few characters from the earlier version participate in the storyline more actively and have their own quests. Additional content includes new buildings, monsters, weapons, spells, items, and armor. The protagonist also has more expressions and ways of communicating with people at his disposal. In the computer versions players have the ability to create their own tattoo designs and import them into the game.
There are no Xbox screenshots for this game.
There are 54 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "神鬼寓言：失落的章节" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Shen'gui Yuyan: Shiluo de Zhangjie" -- Chinese title
- "Fable: Zapomniane Opowieści" -- Polish title
- "Fable: TLC" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Fable series
- Gameplay feature: Aging
- Gameplay feature: Armor / Weapon sets
- Gameplay feature: Brothels
- Gameplay feature: Fishing
- Gameplay feature: Gambling
- Gameplay feature: Multiple endings
|Now With 15% More Fable!||MasterMegid (897)|
|A little bit better than the original game||Todd Bello (32)|
|Game Shark||Nov 02, 2005||A||100|
|Game Informer Magazine||Jan, 2006||9.25 out of 10||92|
|PGNx Media||Oct 23, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|Game Vortex||2005||88 out of 100||88|
|IGN||Oct 24, 2005||8.6 out of 10||86|
|GamingExcellence||Oct 24, 2005||8.2 out of 10||82|
|G4 TV: X-Play||Apr 10, 2006||80|
|Digital Entertainment News (den)||Nov 25, 2005||8 out of 10||80|
|Gaming Age||Nov 15, 2005||B||75|
|RPGFan||May 17, 2008||70 out of 100||70|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Fable: The Lost Chapters on Mac||1||coolfrost (28)
Apr 09, 2008
ReferencesIn the Lychfield graveyard, there is a tombstone that reads: "Yaggath Sonnog-Sleeper in the Dark, wake and rise." This is a reference to H.P. Lovecraft's Great Old Ones of the Cthulhu mythos. Yog-Sothoth, is the most powerful and most mysterious of the elder gods. This is little surprise as Lionhead is based in the UK. Where Lovecraft has a huge following.
Title translationA verbatim translation of the Chinese title is:
shen = god
gui = devil
yuyan = fable
shiluo de = lost
zhang = chapter
jie = segment
It's interesting to note that the title broaches the game's main issue, it being a "Fable of a God or a Demon" according to players' decisions.
Information also contributed by Little Yoda and MasterMegid
Related Web Sites
- Fable: The Lost Chapters (Microsoft's official game page)
- Fable: The Lost Chapters (Lionhead Studios' official game page)
- Fable: The Lost Chapters - FAQs & Guides (A collection of files on GameFaqs.com including strategies, codes and more)
- Fable TLC Walkthrough (on GamesOver.com)
- Forge Your Destiny in Fable: TLC (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Fable: The Lost Chapters, with commentary provided by Creator Peter Molyneux (April, 2008).)
- Game Guide for Fable: The Lost Chapters (from GamePressure.com)
- Official Webpage (Mac) (The official product page for the Mac version of The Lost Chapters on the publisher's website, which provides a trailer, an overview of the various weapons and abilities within the game, desktop wallpapers, and purchasing information, among other such details.)
- UHS Hint File for Fable: The Lost Chapters (A comprehensive file viewable on line or download to use offline in your UHS Reader software.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.