DescriptionNeed for Speed: Most Wanted is in fact a cross between the Underground and the Hot Pursuit spin-offs. The player must gain notoriety by racing in the streets and attracting the attention of the cops in order to ascend in the Black List of illegal racers. In the end he must face no.1, Razor who tricked him out of his own car and used it to get to the top.
Many racing modes are carried on from NFSU2 with the addition of "Milestones", special events where the driver must evade capture and/or disable police cars by bringing down Pursuit Breakers, specially marked buildings such as gas stations and water towers. For each one of the 15 Blacklisted opponents, the player must win a specific number of events from each of the two main types and gain enough notoriety in the process. The player can invest bet money to buy new cars or improve his existing one's looks and performance so that he remains competitive.
In Most Wanted, Josie Maran replaces Brooke Burke as the racer girl. The plot is furthered through use of FMV video with live actors and digital sets, which has been heavily enhanced so that it looks quite real.
There are no Xbox screenshots for this game.
There are 71 other screenshots on file for other versions of this game.
- "极品飞车：最高通缉" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "NFS:MW" -- Common abbreviation
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: Audi TT
- Automobile: BMW M3
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Dodge Viper
- Automobile: Lamborghini Gallardo
- Automobile: Lamborghini Murciélago
- Automobile: Lotus Elise
- Automobile: Mazda RX-7
- Automobile: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
- Automobile: Porsche 911
- Automobile: Porsche Carrera GT
- Automobile: Subaru Impreza
- Automobile: Toyota Supra
- Genre: Open world driving
- Need for Speed series
- PlayStation 2 Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation 2 Platinum Range releases
- Technology: amBX
|A Fun Racing Game||Jason Wilkinson (7)|
The Press Says
|TalkXbox||Nov 19, 2005||93 out of 100||93|
|1UP||Nov 15, 2005||A-||91|
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2005||9 out of 10||90|
|GameZone||Dec 02, 2005||8.7 out of 10||87|
|TeamXbox||Nov 14, 2005||8.7 out of 10||87|
|Game Chronicles||Dec 06, 2005||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gamer Within||Jan 16, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GameSpy||Nov 28, 2005||80|
|UGO (UnderGroundOnline)||Dec 02, 2005||B||75|
|Silicon-Fusion.com||Dec 19, 2005||7 out of 10||70|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Similar game wanted||4||havoc of smeg (12007)
Jul 29, 2012
AdvertisementThe EA Belgium office planned a little stunt on 24th November 2005, the launch day. They intended to give away free copies in the morning's traffic bottlenecks, but that didn't go through eventually.
Instead, on 25th November, they announced, together with the Dutch office, to have reserved an amount of PS2 copies for everyone who had had a speeding ticket the day before, on 24th November. You just had to fax proof to them to receive the game. In Belgium, you were only eligible if you did not exceed 6% of the allowed speed.
ModsThere is an unofficial patch on various fansites that enables all cars and races which are normally available only in the Black Edition.
Multiplayer server shutdownOn 1st November 2007, EA closed their servers for multiplayer games, for the Xbox version.
References to the gameNeed for Speed: Most Wanted was parodied in an episode of "Die Redaktion" (The Editorial Team), a monthly comedy video produced by the German gaming magazine GameStar. It was published on the DVD of issue 03/2006.
SupportWhen an issue with stuttering sound in the Windows version was reported on the EA forums, the official statement was that EA had no time and resources to work on a patch for it. This was less than 5 months after the release.
- GamePro (Germany)
- February 23, 2006 - Best Console Sports Game in 2005 (Readers' Vote)
- 2005 – PC Racing Game of the Year
- 2005 – PC Racing Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
- GameStar (Germany)
- February 23, 2006 - Best PC Sports Game in 2005 (Readers' Vote)
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 04/2006 - #1 Sports/Racing Game in 2005 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue 02/2006 - Best Pursuits in 2005
Related Web Sites
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted -- Official game website
- Wikipedia: Need for Speed: Most Wanted -- Information about Need for Speed: Most Wanted at Wikipedia
- X360A achievement guide -- X360A's achievement guide for Need for Speed: Most Wanted.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.