Forums > Suggestions > FM Towns product codes

Infernos (44624) on 7/23/2015 4:40 PM · Permalink · Report

Currently you can only submit the EAN-13 barcode numbers for the FM Towns here. But there are other codes that can typically be seen on the game disc, back of the box or the jewel case. However there doesn't seem to be one unified standard as several different variants exist (mainly depending on who published the game), my suggestion is to document the most widespread one for now at least.

HM code

HM followed by one letter and 3 digits. All Fujitsu published titles have this as well as quite a few games from other publishers. As far as I can tell the last letter corresponds to the year software was released in. For example, HMA for 1989, HMB for 1990, HMC for 1991, HMD for 1992 and so on. In one case (Loom), where the game came packaged with a drama CD, the code has an extra number at the end. Game disc is HMC-111-1 and the Drama CD is HMC-111-2

Other code types I've seen around,

1) TSC: Fujitsu published titles also have another code starting with TSC followed by 3 digits. For example, TSC070 for Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, TSC350 for Megaspectre and TSC-490 for Wing Commander II. The clamshell covers most of the time only display the TSC code, the HM code only appears printed on the game disc or/and back of the jewel case.

2) F-55: Victor Entertainment Inc. published titles have a code that starts with F-55 and then followed by two digits. For example, F-5502 for Chaos Strikes Back, F-5504 for Infestation and F-5515 for Flashback .