Forums > Suggestions > Adding trophies/achievement to games and make them selectable

MAT (241141) on 3/13/2021 4:40 AM · Permalink · Report

It would be cool to have a page on the game where list of achievements per platform can be added (icon/image, title, description, type). Icon or image is self explanatory. Title would be title of the achievement and description it's description. Type would refer to what kind of achievement it is (i.e. if on PS then it would be Platinum, Gold, Silver, etc.), if it's on Xbox then it would be gamerscore (i.e. 10, 25, 40, etc.).

But just listing available achievements per game would be one thing. Another would be to make them selectable so each player/user can select achievements he or she got for some game. Thenunder each achievement there would be number of users that unlocked it and if clicked on more detail list of mobygames' users that selected it would be visible.

Victor Vance (18139) on 3/13/2021 10:29 PM · Permalink · Report

Sounds like a nice idea for me. I support it!

GTramp (81961) on 3/15/2021 3:45 AM · Permalink · Report

Well, aren't there already sites dedicated specifically to that what you're proposing? Also, what about secret, spoiler achievements?

MAT (241141) on 3/19/2021 4:04 AM · Permalink · Report

Unless you look at the list of trophies, every trophy/achievement is a spoiler since you cannot tell when they'll reward you some. You can assume that finishing each level will get you one or completing the game or maybe collecting 50% or 100% collectibles on the level, but everything else is guessable at best even if it isn't a secret.

But what you're saying is easily solvable by having a checkbox with "Secret" and those trophies wouldn't appear on the first page unless user would click on another button or something to make them visible as well.

lights out party (87207) on 5/7/2021 12:23 PM · Permalink · Report

Would anyone really go through the trouble of using this system?