🤔 How many games has Beethoven been credited on? (answer)

Forums > Suggestions > Improvements for the new New Game Wizard

Patrick Bregger (303232) on 2/26/2023 1:23 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

• I think it would be better to have the description in Step 2, similar to release information. Sometimes I just want to put in my researched release information and write the description later.

• It is currently not possible to add tech specs or ratings while entering a new game. Clicking the link just leads to an empty form. This is probably a bug.

• I think it is unnecessary to ask for sources for screenshots. The source is "I played the game" or the screenshots wouldn't be admissible anyway.

• It is annoying that you have to re-enter a comment every time you change the release information. Is it actually used when approving the game?

• Release information should be able to be cloned for other platforms. When entering multi-platform games, the release information is often (almost) identical on all platforms.

• What I enter in the source comment for the game should be able to be saved (with a "save" button etc.) and stay visible until I submit the game.

• The list of platforms on step 1 is way too long. I think an UI improvement would be in order.

• There needs to be a quick way to access the genre definitions on Step 1. I have been contributing games for years and I still need to review the definitions frequently - I can't imagine how daunting it must be a newcomer. Maybe the whole process should go to its own section on step 2.

Cavalary (11447) on 2/26/2023 2:05 PM · Permalink · Report

Not that I did it many times, but with a proper description being what likely requires the most work and... involvement (except in case of compilations), it was what I did last when submitting a new game, skipping past it and then returning after completing the other steps.

And if they messed so much up with the overhaul, and even removed the option of selecting a specific platform from the main game's page, one'd think that multiplatform submissions would have been around the top of the list of things to introduce. Multiplatform credit submissions per section would go a long way, so in case of actual multiplatform credits (like all the modern Win/Mac/Linux releases) it's one submission, and in case of ports you'd typically have multiplatform credits for those who actually made the game and a per-platform porting team, so should be able to select platforms per section. Then of course release info, I mean you can have multiplatform covers, so would figure that release info should also allow that. And multiplatform reviews, both critic and user, but with the possibility of per-platform ratings. And probably more than that.