Forums > Suggestions > Combine Iphone/Ipad reviews into one iOS category

Tythesly (12579) on 7/24/2023 5:15 PM · Permalink · Report

Review websites do not always specify if they are using an iphone or Ipad so when I am submitting reviews I don't know which one to put them under :( If we combine them under iOS then it doesn't matter what they were using at the time.

Kayburt (32360) on 7/25/2023 9:54 AM · Permalink · Report

That seems kind of debatable. The iPhone came out in 2007, and the iPad came out in 2010, so there are at least three years worth of titles that you can’t combine. It should be noted that there are technical specification differences between the two, so we have more than reviews to consider. If you are not confident on whether a review is intended for IPhone and iPad and simply says iOS, just add critic scores and reviews for both.

Tythesly (12579) on 9/30/2023 3:37 AM · Permalink · Report

How about the ability to submit one review for multiple platforms without the need to fill out another form?

Kayburt (32360) on 9/30/2023 3:49 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

That would a good idea. After all you can submit cover art for multiple platforms. Sometimes a review can encompass multiple platforms because the gameplay mechanics and cosmetics are exactly the same.

EDIT: One thing to consider is how to approve a review with multiple platforms. Perhaps keep the reviews by platform separate on approval items. When the review of one platform is approved, that review is displayed for the game, but the other platforms are not until they get approved as well.

Emitewiki (547) on 10/29/2023 10:30 PM · Permalink · Report

I think all iPhone games that were released before the iPad came out were still playable on the iPad when it did release though, no? Because I think all iOS apps that are published now pretty much across the board are published for both iPhones and iPads.

WONDERなパン (16778) on 9/30/2023 4:49 PM · Permalink · Report

I've been annoyed by this a few times as well. I'm just unsure of what to recommend as there are valid arguments for keeping it as-is, Kayburt's response is a good example. But you are right - virtually no one reviews games and specifies which device under iOS they've played/tested it under.

Tythesly (12579) on 9/30/2023 6:02 PM · Permalink · Report

Sometimes I see somebody just say they played the mobile version so that could also accompany android. So if we can just use one form and choose all three platforms and it makes a submissions or each one instead of having to make three different forms that could help speed things up.