☕ Drink your coffee or tea with your very own MobyGames mug

Forums > Suggestions > "Random" Feature Filtering Options

Zazie122 (41) on 1/13/2024 4:19 AM · edited · Reply · Permalink · Report

I love that MobyGames has a random page feature, but I miss the old version that only gave you random games. I don't particularly care about people or companies sometimes, so I'd really appreciate the option of being able to choose which sections you get when you click on it.

For example, the filtering options could be "Game / Person / Company", with checkboxes next to each one, and all three are enabled by default (since I assume most people aren't going to care either way). Since the urls have which category/section a page is under in them, I'm pretty sure this can be done, unless there's something internally that prevents it from being possible!

This is a super minor thing so I don't expect it to be changed any time soon, but I wanted to bring it up anyawy.

Cheers!

MobyReed (325) on 2/15/2024 7:55 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I think we will add that setting for that random link, but there is a somewhat sekret way to get another random game.

When you're on a game page, press the right arrow key and it'll go to a random game. Left arrow to go back.

Ditto on company and people pages.

Gouken (5171) on 3/4/2024 1:59 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Awesome. But it is too bad no one knows about this, unless they read your post.

Gouken (5171) on 3/4/2024 1:58 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I second this. I only really care about random games, and I suspect most people will be looking for the same.