☕ Drink your coffee or tea with your very own MobyGames mug

Forums > Suggestions > Game Group: Other animal riding

Ian Naftzger (24) on 3/23/2024 9:24 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I know that the horse, dragon, and beast riding game groups exists, but there are some games that let you ride other animals like camels. Will you guys add in a game group that lets you ride other animals?

Alaka (106430) on 3/23/2024 9:33 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Name the animals and game examples with said animals. Will make it easier for group creation decision.

Alaka (106430) on 3/24/2024 5:14 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Ideally more than 1 game example.

cause a commotion! on 3/25/2024 5:18 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

UVL has an (admittedly barren) group for these, exotic mounts, which I think is a good group name. Real animals only, keeps it a bit cleaner when there's all those insane MMO mounts out there, not to mention a whole bunch of Final Fantasy games that aren't quite the same thing in terms of gameplay/focus.

Off the top of my head, Minecraft has expanded to a number of other mounts - llamas, camels, donkeys, and of course good ol' fashioned riding a pig off a cliff. I just checked, Far Cry 4 has elephants, while Far Cry Primal turned that into mammoths. Of course, if you have mammoths, you might as well include dinosaurs. And then things might get a bit out of control...

Alaka (106430) on 3/25/2024 8:59 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Reading the Gameplay feature: Horse riding description it does seem to mention equestrian animals. Although not explicitly stated, I think that would include other animals such as donkeys and zebras?

I don't really want to leave Moby's standard group naming of Gameplay feature: (Animal) riding....would exotic animal fit there...maybe animal riding (non-equine)....this would have to include dinosaurs and aquatic animals too as long as they existed on Earth at some point. The group would include no fantasy creatures of course since they're already covered.