Forums > Find a game > (solved)RTS Game - Tribal Rage

ryan wood on 8/28/2019 8:43 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hi everyone. I've been thinking about a game I used to play as a kid, this was back in the early 2000s and I played it on a PC, likely windows 98 or 2000 pro, maybe xp. So the game was an RTS that resembles dune 2k or command and conquer but after playing both of these recently I can say that they aren't really it. Been looking around for some time now, haven't found it, so from what I can tell you. As I said it's a game quite similar to dune 2k in most aspects. The landscape was arid/desert and the graphics were similar, also it's the same general concept of build buildings, create troops, and kill the AI factions that have different colors. One distinct thing in particular, when you lost the screen showed a large "DEFEAT" at the top of the screen and the letters crumbled and turned gray below that were some stats on you and the AI. Some of the units were like a triangular shaped 3 wheeled unit had a laser cannon on top, and also there was a biker type unit not sure about any other units. Sorry if it's not a lot of info, I can't remember much from childhood but this has been racking my brain as of late. Let me know if you have further questions, thank you.

Plok (221183) on 8/28/2019 11:49 AM · Permalink · Report

Any of these?

https://www.mobygames.com/genre/sheet/rts/

Cavalary (11448) on 8/28/2019 5:10 PM · Permalink · Report

Actually very first one, 7th Legion looks like it could fit the bill quite fine. ... And best, really. At least at a quick glance, Dominion: Storm Over Gift 3 may also have something matching, but not as much.

ryan wood on 8/28/2019 9:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the replies guys, I went through the RTS genre list and did not see it there(pretty much clicked on all of them). 7th legion isn't quite right, I also looked at dominion storm over and it's close but not right either. The units were far more bland, I don't recall flying units or alien-type units or four legged units. KKND was close too but not the right one. I'm wondering if the game may have been a demo or a free game because I was so young I didn't exactly buy games myself and my dad(his computer at the time) was never really into games. It was just sort of in the windows menu, don't think there was a CD for it.

MAT (241141) on 8/29/2019 1:18 AM · Permalink · Report

Our "real-time strategy" group contains only a small portion of RTS games because in the past we had them as "strategy" + "real-time".

I'll use Dune 2000 terrain as guidance and try to list some of these below, see if any seem familiar... I'll also assume you really did check all in "real-time strategy" group so won't list any that were there...

Cyberstorm 2: Corporate Wars (1998)

M.A.X. 2: Mechanized Assault & Exploration (1998)

Echelon (1998)

cause a commotion! (4) on 8/29/2019 5:19 AM · Permalink · Report

Tribal Rage. Pretty sure. Maybe not.

ryan wood on 8/30/2019 1:34 AM · Permalink · Report

Holy shit that's the one. Thank you so much!