Forums > Bugs > Rating Cat compilations won't accept P.S. only

formercontrib (157501) on 8/5/2010 9:19 PM · Permalink · Report

I was able to delete everything, except Personal Slant, but it's the 2nd time the last days, this time it hits Astrid PolloDiablo, who told me - she was unable to finish a new game entry with ONLY Personal Slant as rating category for a compilation, happened here:

As said - no problem for me on Approver's side to fix this, but someone should take a look at, what's the reason that causes probs on contributors side...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/2-for-1-riddle-of-the-sphinx-riddle-of-the-sphinx-ii

http://www.mobygames.com/game/2-for-1-the-mystery-of-the-nautilus-the-new-adventures-of-the-ti

http://www.mobygames.com/game/2-for-1-the-messenger-traitors-gate

Sciere (930960) on 8/5/2010 9:21 PM · Permalink · Report

This generally only happens when you skip the step in the wizard. You need to pass it anyway, even if you don't check anything. That's the only case I can think of when that happens.

formercontrib (157501) on 8/5/2010 9:55 PM · Permalink · Report

Gnihi, Cheater's punishment... ;)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaastriiiiiiiidddddddd, don't do such thingies!! gnihihi.

PolloDiablo (16847) on 8/6/2010 7:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Nope, didn't skip, used the Next/Continue button for all the previous pages, did not select anything on the Rating Categories page, clicked on the button and got the error message. Then selected a couple of them, submitted, got WIPped, fixed some stuff and removed all the rating categories, same error message.

Sciere (930960) on 8/6/2010 8:57 AM · Permalink · Report

You may have to click "update" instead of "next" on that page when you don't add anything, give it a try.

PolloDiablo (16847) on 8/6/2010 9:06 AM · Permalink · Report

Okay, next compilation I add, I will make sure to try.

Parf (7871) on 8/6/2010 8:46 PM · Permalink · Report

Actually, I just had the same problem, and updating didn't help. :\

Brian Hirt (10407) on 8/7/2010 7:30 AM · Permalink · Report

I might have broken it in the last release. I was in the code and I saw something that was checking to see if any ratings categories were selected, and the code was broken, not triggering an error when nothing was checked, so I thought I fixed it. Are there really situations where no categories should be selected besides the default 'Personal Slant'?

j.raido 【雷堂嬢太朗】 (100538) on 8/7/2010 7:48 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Brian Hirt wrote--]Are there really situations where no categories should be selected besides the default 'Personal Slant'? [/Q --end Brian Hirt wrote--] Yes, multi-game compilations are supposed to be entered that way.

Jeanne (75930) on 8/13/2010 4:04 PM · Permalink · Report

Please fix this Brian.

Games within compilations are rated elsewhere in our system (from the game pages themselves). Therefore, we only require Personal Slant.

Jeanne (75930) on 8/11/2010 2:54 AM · Permalink · Report

Me too

BurningStickMan (17916) on 8/11/2010 5:41 AM · Permalink · Report

Rating Cat does not approve.