Forums > Bugs > Credits "move to group not working" work-around

Jeanne (75931) on 4/30/2011 6:52 PM · Permalink · Report

I helped a new contributor with this problem today - brand new credits (not a revision). This worked for me on the approval side, but it may also work on the contributor side.

From the approval screen, click on Edit.

1. Erase all groups. Finish the submission (returns you to the approval screen).
  2. Click on Edit again. There should be no groups.
  3. Add all groups.
  4. Assign the names
  5. Finish the submission. (returns you to the approval screen again)
  6. Refresh the approval screen to verify that all groups "took".
May work on the contributor side by removing from queue, removing all groups .. contribute. Remove from queue a 2nd time to add groups and assign, then finishing (contributing). I'd be interested to know if this works for anybody else.

vedder (71130) on 4/30/2011 7:44 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Not sure what you mean with step 4. But that's where it goes wrong for me. I want to assign the existing roles to the groups I just created but it gives the error that I didn't select a group.

Edit: tried this for the Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X credits escalated for iPhone. I first removed the groups as you described.

Jeanne (75931) on 4/30/2011 7:55 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--]Not sure what you mean with step 4. But that's where it goes wrong for me. I want to assign the existing roles to the groups I just created but it gives the error that I didn't select a group.

Edit: tried this for the Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X credits escalated for iPhone. I first removed the groups as you described. [/Q --end vedder wrote--]After erasing the old groups, do you remember if you removed it from your queue to make sure the old groups disappeared?

vedder (71130) on 4/30/2011 8:03 PM · Permalink · Report

I removed the groups then finished the submission (going to the last page of the wizard and pressing "finished"), returning me to the approval screen. Then I clicked on "edit" and I re-added the groups, but I still couldn't link any games to it.

Jeanne (75931) on 4/30/2011 10:07 PM · Permalink · Report

Oh well .. at least it worked for me once as an approver.

Indra was here (20752) on 5/17/2011 9:18 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

For some odd reason, I can't add a new thread. :p

When copy-pasting an aka while entering credits, the wizard refuses to recognize it as a wizard. This problem oddly only occurs when you copy paste it. Does appear when you type it manually.

Example:

1. Enter name: Dude Duduuude
  2. Copy-paste aka: Dude Duduude (Dudu)
  3. The wizard will identify the new developer name as Dude Duduude (Dudu) instead of Dude Duduude

[edit]

Apparently the bug doesn't show up either if you copy-paste an entire line. Which indicates that the bug only shows up when you copy-paste additional words to an existing word already in the box.

Jeanne (75931) on 5/17/2011 8:09 PM · Permalink · Report

Try copy and paste .. but then erase the last character and retype it